News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Norgy on September 14, 2015, 05:33:40 AM
Municipal and regional elections in Norway today. I voted: Parties I have never voted before.  :huh: What the fuck is wrong with the world?

:o :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Labour left me, not the other way. I voted: Communist in municipal elections and conservatives in the regional. Jesus. I really am going to hell now.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2015, 05:42:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2015, 03:15:39 PM
Spellus has friends on facebook who take microagression and trigger warnings really fucking seriously.  The very idea that a white guy saying "futbol" is not a traumatic nightmare is so serious that people must be set to ignored is strange to me.

University of Chicago types. It is the future code of elitish snobbery so they can further justify why the poor are evil and should be held in contempt.

It's been a while since I was on a campus, I sort took the"microagression", bullshit as a joke.  If I don't like someone I will tell them.  You don't need to parse my words to find that I insulted you.  I'm not that subtle.  Aggression from me is never micro.  It's sudden bursts of psychotic frenzy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

2014 Grüner Veltliner for $80? Unless it's a Smaragd Kellerberg or similar, that's a ridiculous rip off. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Posting this because Timmay fails at his 'job' and because I could find his Korea thread amongst all the others:

QuoteMembers of the South Korea Navy Special Warfare parachute down during a ceremony to mark the 65th anniversary of Incheon Landing Operations conducted by the U.S.-led United Nations troops during the 1950-1953 Korean War, in Incheon, South Korea, September 15, 2015.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2015, 02:50:38 PM

2014 Grüner Veltliner for $80? Unless it's a Smaragd Kellerberg or similar, that's a ridiculous rip off. :lol:

The West needs to be burned to ground before it can be rebuilt.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I think Southern California sees enough fires as it is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Today on Qwertee:

Couldn't resist. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Bought it. For 13.50 (including shipping), so it's not a massive expense, and the Qwertee shirts tend to last a fair while. Besides, there's not enough t-shirts with KV-2s.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 16, 2015, 04:56:32 AM
No.

Pfft, using cyrillic letters because they look like latin letters is confusing. And then the whole y is a consonant thing you got going on in your weird language. Clearly it should be transliterated to "Njet".

Syt

I generally agree, but will not be picky with a cheap t-shirt.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

They are not using cyrillic letter, just a block font.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.