News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2011, 10:55:08 AM
Instead of live baseball, ESPN America has decided to show last night's NHL playoff game BOS@TB during primetime.  :mad:

It was a hell of a game - consider yourself lucky.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Cleaning my closets.. I have saved a lot of useless stuff over the years.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 20, 2011, 02:11:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2011, 02:07:30 PM
Against my better judgment, this weekend I will attempt to replace the food disposal under the kitchen sink.  Looks like the most difficult part will be replacing the mounting ring and sink baffle-- unless I can just re-use what I have  :hmm:

I love how manufacturers have such little faith in these things that they only warranty them for one year-- or two if you get really lucky.
You're going to be fine.  They have great prosthetic fingers these days.

Turned out to be an easy job.  The disposer unit fit perfectly into the mounting ring (didn't realize the baffle was part of the disposer) and the whole thing took no longer than 20-25 minutes.  Thought I was going to have to play trial & error to find the breaker for the disposer, but it was clearly marked "DISP" on the panel :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on May 23, 2011, 11:43:21 AM
Turned out to be an easy job.  The disposer unit fit perfectly into the mounting ring (didn't realize the baffle was part of the disposer)

This was the annoying bit for me.

Admiral Yi

The etiquette of kissing a woman's hand: only married women, no gloved hands, only indoors.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 23, 2011, 01:03:52 PM
The etiquette of kissing a woman's hand: only married women, no gloved hands, only indoors.
Where is it cool to kiss an unmarried woman?  Only on the lips?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 01:06:08 PM
Where is it cool to kiss an unmarried woman?  Only on the lips?

Cheek(s) I imagine.

Caliga

:yeahright: What is this, France now?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

The weather today SUCKS.
The sun is very hot, my room is like a sauna.
However it is also blowing a gale outside. Can't open my windowsor shit will go flying around in my room- I attempt to open them just a crack and they'll be sucked open.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 01:06:08 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 23, 2011, 01:03:52 PM
Where is it cool to kiss an unmarried woman?
Clitoris.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on May 23, 2011, 01:46:14 PM
The sun is very hot

The quality of English education leaves something to be desired.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers