News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2011, 12:23:19 PM
Yeah, I saw that, but isn't that an obvious photoshop?

This is only something worrying if you absolutely hate Obama.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on May 26, 2011, 07:07:04 PM

A lot of this stupid shit has been coming up lately.  The Birther crap, the chuckling over his flubs in England, etc..  Just like with Bush and the hectoring over his missteps, it's annoyingly partisan and is only distracting from actual issues.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Pedrito

Oh gosh, I must see some good doc.

Tonight I dreamt that I was visiting Berkut and having some beers with him.
Nothing strange til now, except that:
Berk in reality is an Englishman named Leo,
who lives in Arkansas with his wife,
and is giving shelter (in an armored barn) to Katmai, who fled from Alaska because it was plagued by a zombie apocalypse.
In the dream it wasn't clear if Berk had armored the barn to keep zombies out or Katmai in.

I need rest and vacation.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Slargos

:lol:

I had a zombie dream aswell.

Somehow I found a save/load style time warp function, and the main zombie controlling nemesis was outraged that I could always avoid his cleverly laid plots to destroy me.  :hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 26, 2011, 06:25:19 PM
Not sure why Mrs. Obama growing a 'fro would be something worrisome.  :huh:

I'd be okay with it-- particularly if she called herself 'Foxxy Cleopatra'.

I was just saying it was unfortunate that the placement of her in that photo right in front of the plant makes her look like she has a stereotypical 1970s afro.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2011, 07:15:13 PM

A lot of this stupid shit has been coming up lately.  The Birther crap, the chuckling over his flubs in England, etc..  Just like with Bush and the hectoring over his missteps, it's annoyingly partisan and is only distracting from actual issues.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2011, 09:54:22 AM

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Translation: "When we do it, it's funny and you just can't take a joke. When you do it, it's disruptive and partisan."

Habbaku

Slargos ball cannot into English.  :(

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on May 27, 2011, 10:28:37 AM

What does this have to do with partisanship?

Razgovory

Trying to equate gaffs made by Obama with gaffs made by Bush who's bizarre statements were legendary.  Like when he kept repeating that OB GYNs needed to practice their love with women.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

It appears the local cicada brood here is Brood II, which last appeared in 1996 and will reappear in 2013. I remember seeing them in middle school. I guess we don't get any of the other broods that appear in Virginia.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Any of you guys ever had Vegemite?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Ya. tastes... odd. Salty with astrong hint of what can best be discribed as stale bread/beer.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.