News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Against my better judgment, this weekend I will attempt to replace the food disposal under the kitchen sink.  Looks like the most difficult part will be replacing the mounting ring and sink baffle-- unless I can just re-use what I have  :hmm:

I love how manufacturers have such little faith in these things that they only warranty them for one year-- or two if you get really lucky.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Those things are scary. In the UK we only ever see them in horror films.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2011, 02:07:30 PM
Against my better judgment, this weekend I will attempt to replace the food disposal under the kitchen sink.  Looks like the most difficult part will be replacing the mounting ring and sink baffle-- unless I can just re-use what I have  :hmm:

I love how manufacturers have such little faith in these things that they only warranty them for one year-- or two if you get really lucky.
You're going to be fine.  They have great prosthetic fingers these days.

Lettow77

Just now, an extremely dear friend noted with irritation that someone came to him explaining they were irritated with me to the point of madness, and suspected from my behavior this might be a regular pattern of mine. Of course it is. I speak very poorly with new people- not necessarily for ideological reasons as languish might suspect, but I am just..well, I don't entirely understand it. It just isn't accurate to say it's meanness. Whatever the case, I don't like speaking to new people and wouldn't, except there's a gaping social void in life and it needs filling badly.

I wish my friend wasn't so critical, but he was right to call my behavior self-destructive. In happier times I long for the friendliness mormons bring to the table, but I can't make myself be that nice, pleasant and run-of-the-mill.

all this is to say that the VISION QUEST TO THE WEST can't come fast enough, and I am tired of who I am. I strain with the patience of the deadline, but my hand is stayed until June. 
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

I went in the bathroom at work earlier and all of the stalls were in use. :wacko:

I shall have to put off my DEFECATION QUEST TO THE EIGHTH FLOOR MEN'S ROOM for another five minutes or so. :cry:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2011, 02:59:59 PM
I went in the bathroom at work earlier and all of the stalls were in use. :wacko:

I shall have to put off my DEFECATION QUEST TO THE EIGHTH FLOOR MEN'S ROOM for another five minutes or so. :cry:

LOL are you: pacing around the office with a folded newspaper under your arm?  'Cuz we have guys here who do just that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2011, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 20, 2011, 02:59:59 PM

LOL are you: pacing around the office with a folded newspaper under your arm?  'Cuz we have guys here who do just that.

'cept nowadays it's I'pads.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2011, 03:43:51 PM
No, I came back to my desk and put up police tape around my new neighbor's desk.  Then I went back and completed my quest.  +1,000 XP ***LEVEL UP***
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Lol, common restrooms. How low class.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 20, 2011, 02:56:26 PM
Just now, an extremely dear friend noted with irritation that someone came to him explaining they were irritated with me to the point of madness, and suspected from my behavior this might be a regular pattern of mine. Of course it is. I speak very poorly with new people- not necessarily for ideological reasons as languish might suspect, but I am just..well, I don't entirely understand it. It just isn't accurate to say it's meanness. Whatever the case, I don't like speaking to new people and wouldn't, except there's a gaping social void in life and it needs filling badly.

I wish my friend wasn't so critical, but he was right to call my behavior self-destructive. In happier times I long for the friendliness mormons bring to the table, but I can't make myself be that nice, pleasant and run-of-the-mill.

all this is to say that the VISION QUEST TO THE WEST can't come fast enough, and I am tired of who I am. I strain with the patience of the deadline, but my hand is stayed until June.

If you have a hard time with people you don't know, what visions do you expect to quest in California?  They're all people you don't know.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Just learned that presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty's family name is of Polish origin.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2011, 08:02:41 PM
Just learned that presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty's family name is of Polish origin.

he lost my vote
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2011, 08:02:41 PM

What's his position on feet?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

citizen k

Vicksburg, Mississippi