News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Do we need a "Best Year for Best Year Polls" thread?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: mongers on May 15, 2019, 05:27:25 AM

That would be 2018, things went badly wrong in 2019, probably due to brexit.

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 15, 2019, 05:52:46 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 15, 2019, 05:27:25 AM

That would be 2018, things went badly wrong in 2019, probably due to brexit.

:D

Yes, and I think 'to hell in a handcart' could be replaced with some more topical like 'a Farage flight of fancy' ( 3Fs or fuckup for short)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Di Blasio has endorsed Ada Colau, current Barcelona mayor, to win another term (we're going to the polls in 2 weeks).

Our mayor tacks heavily to the left (for yuro standards) didn't know Di Blasio was a leftie. Although they have cultivated a relationship these years.

Duque de Bragança

So no Manuel Valls.  :P

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 16, 2019, 03:31:12 AM

Looking pretty grim for him at the moment. The party he has a coalition with (Cs) has constantly ran counter to his messaging and his campaign has floundered. It looks like he will finish fourth, some polls place him fifth...

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2019, 03:34:34 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 16, 2019, 03:31:12 AM

Looking pretty grim for him at the moment. The party he has a coalition with (Cs) has constantly ran counter to his messaging and his campaign has floundered. It looks like he will finish fourth, some polls place him fifth...

Dammit, he will return to France soon then.  :(

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2019, 03:21:07 AM
Di Blasio has endorsed Ada Colau, current Barcelona mayor, to win another term (we're going to the polls in 2 weeks).

Our mayor tacks heavily to the left (for yuro standards) didn't know Di Blasio was a leftie. Although they have cultivated a relationship these years.

Di Blasio is about as far left as you can be here and get elected to public office mayor of NYC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2019, 08:25:55 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2019, 03:21:07 AM

Di Blasio is about as far left as you can be here and get elected to public office.

Really? I recall that weak one caving to the police who disrespected him. Not sure AOC would have done the same.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Okay, fixed.  Speaking of AOC, did you guys see where she was baffled & mystified by a food disposal?  Yes, yes, I'm sure it was all just a joke on her part that was way over my head :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2019, 09:34:31 AM
Okay, fixed.  Speaking of AOC, did you guys see where she was baffled & mystified by a food disposal?  Yes, yes, I'm sure it was all just a joke on her part that was way over my head :D

I am sorry but you just reminded me. We are a pathetic race who subsist on outrage.

I get ALL my extreme leftist news from the fairly far-right British TV ITV.

I get aLL my extreme right news from the fairly far-left Hungarian news site 444.hu

derspiess

I missed the outrage over it.  Most of what I saw was derision.

Valmy

I get all my AOC news from Languish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

You're missing some good stuff, then :(

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2019, 10:07:27 AM
You're missing some good stuff, then :(

Doubtful. She is not my rep and I am not really a fan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."