News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Why does the right give her so much free rental time in their heads, again?

She's a newbie representative with next to zero pull. Even her own party has lambasted her a bit in the guise of Pelosi's comments.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

She does have a bit of a following, judging from my YouTube feed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 16, 2019, 10:17:32 AM
Suit yourself.

I am annoyed she gets so much attention, so I would find it very annoying to be part of the problem :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on May 16, 2019, 10:43:36 AM

She's a newbie representative with next to zero pull. Even her own party has lambasted her a bit in the guise of Pelosi's comments.

How do you explain the fact that a number of presidential hopefuls included her Green New Deal into their platforms?  If that is zero pull, I look forward to what she will accomplish when she gets a little pull.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 16, 2019, 10:54:05 AM

She does. She is a creature of social media. Sort of like the President.

I go full grumpy old man on that stuff. Back in my day we didn't have these twitters and facebooks and we liked it!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2019, 11:05:30 AM

Since you have admitted you get all your news about her from Languish, who is the creature of social media  :P

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2019, 11:05:07 AM

How do you explain the fact that a number of presidential hopefuls included her Green New Deal into their platforms?  If that is zero pull, I look forward to what she will accomplish when she gets a little pull.

Her shit plays well with the masses. The same reason previously respectable conservatives suddenly had to incorporate all this populist nonsense in theirs.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2019, 11:06:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2019, 11:05:30 AM

Since you have admitted you get all your news about her from Languish, who is the creature of social media  :P

It is involuntary in my case. I don't come here to get news.

Admiral Yi

What's a food disposal?  Like a trash can? :unsure:

Tamas

Mate, she is young, female, and Hispanic. That's like 3 doomsday alarmbells for concerned patriots.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2019, 11:15:30 AM
What's a food disposal?  Like a trash can? :unsure:

I think we normally call them garbage disposals (at least, that is the term I've always used).  It's the food grinder thingie many people have built into their sink.

frunk

More fundamentally I don't get why people are obsessed with political figure's personal foibles.  It doesn't tell you how good or bad they will be at their position.  I didn't get the hubbub about how Trump eats his steaks or Michelle Obama's arms.  It's all useless distraction masquerading as political commentary.

The Brain

Trump not knowing how an umbrella works might indicate that he is less than completely able to competently handle America's nuclear one.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 16, 2019, 11:20:08 AM
I think we normally call them garbage disposals (at least, that is the term I've always used).  It's the food grinder thingie many people have built into their sink.

It's like those Appalachians have a different word for everything.