And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on May 07, 2019, 04:56:25 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 07, 2019, 08:07:33 AM
I am trying a vertical mouse. So far it is making my hand hurt more than the a regular mouse ever did with my wrist. I wonder if I should persevere or just give up.

[Apple]

You're using it incorrectly, instead hold it steady and move the computer and monitor in the opposite direction to where you wish the cursor to move to.

[/Apple]

:lol:

Savonarola

Quote from: frunk on May 07, 2019, 08:31:49 AM
QuoteAyn Rand was a 20th century philosopher and author, and while she has been largely ignored in academic philosophy, she is still very well regarded in the train fanfic community, for her seminal work Atlas Shrugged. It has the distinction of being the longest, and arguably the best, train fanfic ever written.

:pinch: :lol:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

What is train fanfic?

Savonarola

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2019, 02:23:55 PM
What is train fanfic?

It's just a joke; there's no such thing.

(At least I think it's just a joke and I refuse to find out otherwise.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on May 08, 2019, 02:38:26 PM
What is train fanfic?

:(

Sav from 10 years ago would have taken this as a challenge to write some train fanfiction.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

frunk

Quote from: Savonarola on May 08, 2019, 02:38:26 PM
What is train fanfic?

Going on the Tracks of Love

QuoteAfter what seemed like hours, he made it to Shrek's swamp, with his delivery of slugs ready and his delivery of love also ready.  He knocked on the door with his lower half (not his train willy you pervs!!!) because he doesn't have any arms because he's a fucking train, and waited for Shrek to answer.  He felt his engine heat up inside of him, he's been waiting so long for this day.

Josquius

Train fanfic manga definitely exist
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

It's not fan-fiction, it's an original work. Sorry if this ruins the dumb joke.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Anyone else having issues with Youtube?

dps

Issues as in ticked off by the ads that don't just come before the videos anymore, but that interrupt the middle of the videos;  or issues as in videos not playing or some such?

Admiral Yi

dps

Valmy

Quote from: dps on May 08, 2019, 07:59:48 PM
Issues as in ticked off by the ads that don't just come before the videos anymore, but that interrupt the middle of the videos

And then we often get two videos instead of just one at the beginning AND end of the video. It makes having a playlist miserable. It is really starting to annoy me since I am a huge Youtube addict and I do want to support the people who make the videos but holy shit they are driving me to get an adblocker.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Interesting.  I switched to Chrome and now everything is hunky dory with Youtube.

Josquius

I don't get any ads with an ad blocker beyond those creators work into their videos
██████
██████
██████