News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2017, 02:41:33 PM
There goes MBM's shot at a job with the Texas Economic Development and Tourism Department.

:P I do like camping on the national seashore, at least. 

PDH

Santa Cruz has some really nice beaches and the central coast here has great surfing waves.  The water, however, is just too cold.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Larch

The area around my hometown has some amazing sandy beaches, that has spoiled me so much than a rocky beach doesn't really register like a proper beach to me.

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on February 06, 2017, 03:27:07 PM
The area around my hometown has some amazing sandy beaches, that has spoiled me so much than a rocky beach doesn't really register like a proper beach to me.

We only have sandy beaches. I tend to enjoy the rocky ones more, they're still boring but not as much.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on February 06, 2017, 06:46:06 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 06, 2017, 03:27:07 PM

We only have sandy beaches. I tend to enjoy the rocky ones more, they're still boring but not as much.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to go to the beach on the way home tomorrow.  <_<

I haven't been all winter.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2017, 04:12:57 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 25, 2017, 06:09:52 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2017, 04:41:43 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2017, 12:42:01 PM
Collectible nerds.  :rolleyes:

I'd make fun, but I've spent like $6000 on blu-rays over the past four years.  On the other hand, I actually, you know, use them.

So how many unpunched shrink wrapped Blu-rays do you still have?  :D

Certainly less than 90%, which appears to be the rough percentage of MB and Money's game collections that have never been played or even opened. ^_^

Eat shit and get diabetes, cuntslave.  You haven't fucking seen movies you're supposed to have seen by now, nobody gives a shit about how many times you watch your Blu-Ray director's cut of National Treasure: Book of Secrets.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 06, 2017, 06:30:16 AM

I'd make fun, but I've spent like $6000 on blu-rays over the past four years.  On the other hand, I actually, you know, use them.

Certainly less than 90%, which appears to be the rough percentage of MB and Money's game collections that have never been played or even opened. ^_^

I am willing to believe you, thanks to your movie critic blog, but that is still a bit too vague.

If it's an honest, serious question, I think the number that I haven't watched is around 100, out of about 600.  (That is, I haven't watched the copy I've bought.  Probably about 50 out of that 100 are movies I've never seen.  A lot of them are in collections, e.g., I still haven't taken the time to watch more than half of my Buster Keaton collection, because unless you're Savonarola, you've got to be in the mood to watch silent films.)  The number still in wrappers is 2, and one of them doesn't count because I bought the Criterion edition of Soderbergh's Che for my girlfriend.  Not up to me to open it.  That movie is so long it's like Goddamned television.

QuoteAnyways, as a tribute to your movie critic dedication, I will watch Body Double, Brian de Palma's most blatant obvious hommage to Hitchcock, coupled with some exploitation notes.   :P

It's a great, if goofy, film. :)  I got a DVD copy the other day (still waiting for Criterion to get on the ball and do Body Double right), and I've been meaning to watch it again.

My GF is reading American Psycho.  Apparently it gets a good notice from Patrick Bateman. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2017, 06:58:18 PM

Eat shit and get diabetes, cuntslave.  You haven't fucking seen movies you're supposed to have seen by now, nobody gives a shit about how many times you watch your Blu-Ray director's cut of National Treasure: Book of Secrets.

Now, that doesn't sound like me at all, permatemp.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2017, 07:30:14 PM

You really want to start shit with me, Hunter?  Get back to wrapping up that 3,000-word review of American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2017, 07:35:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2017, 07:30:14 PM

You really want to start shit with me, Hunter?  Get back to wrapping up that 3,000-word review of American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt.

You know if Katmai made a cinema released documentary about Languish, you and Ide would fall into a review-abuse infinity loop. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: CDMYou really want to start shit with me, Hunter?

Not really.  Besides, I was probably gonna rewatch Last Temptation.  I try to be nice to you Romanists, and this is the thanks I get.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2017, 07:42:16 PM
Not really.  Besides, I was probably gonna rewatch Last Temptation.  I try to be nice to you Romanists, and this is the thanks I get.

You need to do that;  maybe it'll flush Speed Racer out of your skull, because that's exactly what Judas with a Brooklyn accent will do for you. 

katmai

Quote from: PDH on February 06, 2017, 02:50:42 PM
Santa Cruz has some really nice beaches and the central coast here has great surfing waves.  The water, however, is just too cold.
:rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2017, 09:01:09 PM
Quote from: PDH on February 06, 2017, 02:50:42 PM
:rolleyes:

PDH fails to remember that the Pacific in February is still in February.