News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2017, 04:16:05 PM
Ok UK I get that you have weird and irrational and illogical status' for all your dependencies and component parts but the Isle of Man does not get to count the UK as a foreign nation.

Count yourself lucky that they're not including the Channel islands as separate entities.  :P

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2017, 02:30:32 PM
Yes, it's basically beef in a very hot/spicy sauce, served with congri (http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/congri-black-beans-rice.aspx)

Mmm, yummy! Was that in Vienna?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2017, 01:03:59 PM
I recently visited the underground nuclear reactor that was the major producer of plutonium for the Swedish atomic bomb program. Pretty cool place. :ph34r:

How was the Weather Underground?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 03, 2017, 03:04:35 PM
Grumbler's a big fan of Lil Jon.

Yeah, but I mean the Robin Hood character.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on February 03, 2017, 09:10:06 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2017, 01:03:59 PM
I recently visited the underground nuclear reactor that was the major producer of plutonium for the Swedish atomic bomb program. Pretty cool place. :ph34r:

How was the Weather Underground?

I learnt something. :smarty:

Oh and about 9 degrees Celsius and little wind.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on February 03, 2017, 04:02:12 PM
Last Supper

They forgot about the hidden 14th guy with the knife.   :(

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on February 04, 2017, 07:14:32 AM
OMFG all teh east europeans are flooding into Engerland.

Actually, that mat tells you fuck all about how many east Europeans are flooding into Engerland, except that it may be less than into Germany.

Bayraktar!

Syt

It also doesn't tell you anything about current migration. I figure e.g. that a lot of the Italian- and Greek-born residents in Germany have been there for a while as part of earlier guest worker waves, and that a lot of the Poles are of formerly German ancestry, of which many moved to Germany in the 90s.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Fucking hell.  Lending Club issues weirdo tax docs, the 1099-B and 1099-OID, and TurboTax free can't handle these inputs.  I'm going to end up paying $54 for software to record $200 in net interest income.

CountDeMoney

Try looking at TaxAct Online.

PDH

Fun fact - California has a "twinning arrangement" (according to Wikipedia) with Catalonia...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM