And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on January 23, 2017, 10:41:59 PM
I think I'd rather nail a 1 legged gal.

She realized she could better without me buying dinner first.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Then hey, you saved a few bucks.  Her loss was Steam's gain.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

Anyone ever notice how the expression "I'm not right or left wing I'm unique"  is usually said by people who are extremely right or left wing.  🤔
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2017, 12:42:01 PM
Collectible nerds.  :rolleyes:

I'd make fun, but I've spent like $6000 on blu-rays over the past four years.  On the other hand, I actually, you know, use them.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2017, 04:41:43 AM

I'd make fun, but I've spent like $6000 on blu-rays over the past four years.  On the other hand, I actually, you know, use them.

So how many unpunched shrink wrapped Blu-rays do you still have?  :D

The Larch

I stopped buying DVDs years ago when I bought one in a sale and then found out I had the very same film at home still unwrapped.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on January 25, 2017, 06:29:38 AM
I stopped buying DVDs years ago when I bought one in a sale and then found out I had the very same film at home still unwrapped.

Yep. Chinatown for €5?! THANK YOU!

Oh. :Embarrass:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on January 25, 2017, 06:30:52 AM
Quote from: The Larch on January 25, 2017, 06:29:38 AM

Yep. Chinatown for €5?! THANK YOU!

Oh. :Embarrass:

Yup, it was more fetishism/compulsion rather than reasoned buys at that point. I still have so many unwrapped DVDs at home...

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2017, 04:41:43 AM

A human being only needs to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows once. 

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2017, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2017, 08:43:05 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 23, 2017, 02:21:59 PM
A bunch of people my wife works with were laid off today. Share price: +5 cents

Hey, Kroger's is hiring 10,000. Which means they might have 3 registers open instead of the usual two.

They don't pay much, but they don't make you work much.  I went on a date with a chick who worked there.  She had one arm.  Just one date, she knew she could do a lot better.  I don't know where this post was going, it kinda got away from me.

Really, what use is two arms on a woman?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Makes it easier for her to slice a tomato for your sandwich.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 25, 2017, 09:13:35 AM
Makes it easier for her to slice a tomato for your sandwich.

Yeah, and cleaning toilets I guess.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

LaCroix

QuoteA Michigan man whose drug-related prison sentence was commuted by former President Barack Obama was shot dead this week at a federal halfway house, according to local media reports.

Demarlon Thomas, 31, was shot and killed on Monday night, Jan. 23, by a man with an assault-style rifle in Saginaw, Michigan, around 100 miles northwest of Detroit, according to local CBS affiliate WNEM.

A spokesman for the Michigan State Police did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Reuters.

Two masked men with assault-style rifles entered the facility where around two dozen people were staying, Michigan State Police Lt. David Kaiser told local news website MLive.com.

"One person watched over a group of them while another subject located the victim and executed him," Kaiser said, according to the website. "They were looking for this person."

thanks, obama