The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

A couple employees, a couple few former employees and I are finally going to be having our own rounds of Come Dine With Me. I've asked if we can keep in the catty confessionals. We've eliminated raiding the sock drawer. -_-

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathaleggett/tweets-about-come-dine-with-me-that-will-make-you-laugh?utm_term=.kwaZKmQEM#.iuW13kWKJ

QuoteEvery episode of Come Dine With Me
Contestant: (reads menu) I'm liking the sound of these dishes, but I'm concerned their dishes are a bit too simple. It sounds quite easy. Honestly, this is pleb food.

[in the taxi afterwards]

Contestant: I think they cut a few corners by not making the meals from scratch, they didn't grow and harvest their own wheat to grind for the flour in the bread layer of the trifle and they didn't raise their own cow to provide milk for the ice cream. it was the worst meal I've ever eaten and for that reason, I'm giving them a six.

QuoteHow come dine with me scoring works;
Bitch: Well to be honest, I didn't like it. I didn't eat the starter, I don't like the meat in the main course and the desert was too sweet. I didn't like my guests, there was no alcohol and it was boring. So I'm giving a six.
Same Bitch: It was perfect, I loved it, all my favourite meals were cooked, and Johnny Depp turned up and humped me and it was amazing. So I'm giving a six, again.

QuoteTonight on Come Dine With Me: the meal was perfect and his hosting was tremendous. Best night of my life and that's why I think he deserves a 4.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

A bunch of people my wife works with were laid off today. Share price: +5 cents
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 23, 2017, 02:21:59 PM

:nelson:

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2017, 04:39:43 PM

You have the fire, but you're not going to organize any kind of resistance with that attitude :(

Admiral Yi

A wart I had frozen last Tuesday just fell off my face. :yeah:

I feel like Jeff Goldblum.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 23, 2017, 05:47:17 PM
A wart I had frozen last Tuesday just fell off my face. :yeah:

I feel like Jeff Goldblum.

how to screenshot on windows 7
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Hey, Kroger's is hiring 10,000. Which means they might have 3 registers open instead of the usual two.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on January 23, 2017, 04:50:35 PM

You have the fire, but you're not going to organize any kind of resistance with that attitude :(

I wouldn't dare to be selfish about it.  Share the pain, that's what I say.

11B4V

Making America Great again.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

Hey, Kroger's is hiring 10,000. Which means they might have 3 registers open instead of the usual two.

They don't pay much, but they don't make you work much.  I went on a date with a chick who worked there.  She had one arm.  Just one date, she knew she could do a lot better.  I don't know where this post was going, it kinda got away from me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2017, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 23, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

They don't pay much, but they don't make you work much.  I went on a date with a chick who worked there.  She had one arm.  Just one date, she knew she could do a lot better.  I don't know where this post was going, it kinda got away from me.

:console:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I bet it's fun to nail a one-armed girl. Probably only half the fun of nailing one with no arms, though.

sbr

I think I'd rather nail a 1 legged gal.

CountDeMoney