And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 08:36:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2017, 08:35:06 PM
No idea if I ordered shit from the WORX infomercial.

:lol:

Dude, where's the Ambien script?  Even I managed to score that one.

It's too hard on the liver.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Sounds like it's time to start Scarfacing mountains of benadryl, then.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 08:41:55 PM
Sounds like it's time to start Scarfacing mountains of benadryl, then.

Bought 3 bottles today.  :)

Doc gave me a script for some psycho medicine that supposedly helps with insomina but after filling it, I read the side effects paper. PASS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2017, 08:44:10 PM
Doc gave me a script for some psycho medicine that supposedly helps with insomina but after filling it, I read the side effects paper. PASS.

Bah, those side effects write-ups are scare tactics anyway.  I wouldn't sweat that too much. 

Besides, in a couple years under the Trumpenreich, you'll never see those effects notifications again.  :lol:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2017, 08:44:10 PM

Bah, those side effects write-ups are scare tactics anyway.  I wouldn't sweat that too much. 

Besides, in a couple years under the Trumpenreich, you'll never see those effects notifications again.  :lol:

The snake oil salesman legalizes snake oil.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2017, 07:48:51 PM
Looks like Fort Worth to me.

Um if we cannot demonstrate in roads where can we demonstrate? On private property?

That's I-35 in Minneapolis. 

http://www.wctrib.com/news/4207119-bills-targeting-protests-us-states-fuel-free-speech-fears

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2017, 06:00:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 05:58:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2017, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2017, 05:05:47 PM
Just learned today that Ray Ban and Oakley are guinea wop companies! :o

Shareholder value, baby.  So sad!

Swarthy looking people steeling classic American designs, Outrageous.

They didn't "steel" anything, numbnuts.  They sold themselves.  You know, the American business model.

I was doing it as if trump was tweeting it.  :rolleyes:

How are we supposed to tell?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2017, 07:43:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2017, 07:38:43 PM
What exactly are we looking at here?

It was illustrating a tweet from reuters about the news that some US states are proposing restricting demonstrations if they affect traffic/roads.

But I couldn't find the exact incident the photo was off, found it interesting just how much manpower and vehicles they deploy to deal with a handful of people.

You have no idea, of course, what those men and vehicles are, in fact, deployed for.  The fact that only a handful of protesters are in the frame of the picture tells nothing about what's not in the frame of the picture.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Apparently that protest involved at least 41 people (there were 41 arrests) on the highway during rush hour.  They were also using their cars to block traffic.  I can see why there would be a lot of police showing up.

LaCroix

people have protested on highways in minneapolis before. last time I recall involved members of the black lives matter movement. yes, re restricting demonstrators, some states have submitted bills -- just that, bills, and in a lot of these cases (at least in north dakota), the bills have very little support. the bills, again at least in ND, are completely isolated from any demonstrations related to trump. it's all about dakota access and north dakotans getting mad about the foreigners coming and protesting here. I don't know what iowa's and indiana's bills are about. but, the implied suggestion the state governments (and soon federal?) are becoming increasingly more aggressive and cracking down on anti-trump protestors -- maybe even eventually reaching kent state or worse (!) -- is very likely a fantasy created by bad journalists

Admiral Yi

Stop blocking traffic bitches.

Syt

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/316498-uk-press-locked-out-of-white-house-over-birthdate-snafu

QuoteUK press locked out of White House over birthdate snafu

British journalists were apparently locked out of the White House on Friday amid confusion over the United Kingdom-style formats of their birthdates.

Unlike in the United States, where the month appears ahead of the day and year, most European dates are written with the day first, followed by the month and then year.

Several members of the press from across the pond tweeted about the apparent mixup, which came about an hour before British Prime Minister Theresa May was to appear at a White House press conference alongside President Trump.

There was no immediate word Friday afternoon whether the issue had been resolved.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

That's not really surprising. I bet most Americans have never considered that it could be different and those same people have just been catapulted in charge.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Jesus :lol:

I expect the average American who doesn't use the internet not to know but any halfway educated person, especially someone working at the centre of American government....
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on January 28, 2017, 05:12:40 AM
Jesus :lol:

I expect the average American who doesn't use the internet not to know but any halfway educated person, especially someone working at the centre of American government....

The what of American government? :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.