And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Looks pretty cool. But I somehow doubt the claim it will survive any urban environment.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 26, 2015, 11:44:30 AM
Looks pretty cool. But I somehow doubt the claim it will survive any urban environment.

Yeah, plus I like to keep my eyes on the road or the view and don't need any tech intruding on the whole experience.  :)

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on August 26, 2015, 12:14:37 PM
Yeah, plus I like to keep my eyes on the road or the view and don't need any tech intruding on the whole experience.  :)

I must say I'm quite pleased with having a satnav on my road bike.
The cycling route signage isn't geared to higher speeds and distances and I just can't memorize a 100 km route in an area I'm unfamiliar with.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 26, 2015, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 26, 2015, 12:14:37 PM

I must say I'm quite pleased with having a satnav on my road bike.
The cycling route signage isn't geared to higher speeds and distances and I just can't memorize a 100 km route in an area I'm unfamiliar with.

Yes I could see how that would be useful; I guess I don't mind getting lost (metaphor for ones life?)

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on August 26, 2015, 04:43:56 AM
My knee hurt for the last two months. :( I can barely go running, cycling is fine though.
I guess I should see a doctor eventually.  :glare:

Is this the end of project: 2 hour half marathon?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Down to 108 Kg (from 117 in January).

It's a testament to how dire things were that I'm down nearly 10 kg and I still look like a fatass. 10 more should do the trick, I guess :(

Scipio

Well, I am crushing it. StrongLifts 5x5 has dramatically improved my overall fitness and health (BP down, weight heading down, muscle mass up). Clothing fits better. I'm at the point where every workout is a real struggle, which is a good sign, IMHO.  Still packing about half an extra average human, but who gives a fuck? My objective is not to end up as decrepit as my father and his younger brother when I'm in my 70s. Between them, they have five knee replacements, 3 hip replacements, 2 hip rescissions, and three back surgeries.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jaron

Quote from: celedhring on September 04, 2015, 01:08:45 PM
Down to 108 Kg (from 117 in January).

It's a testament to how dire things were that I'm down nearly 10 kg and I still look like a fatass. 10 more should do the trick, I guess :(

You can do it!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Quote from: Scipio on September 11, 2015, 10:43:09 AM
Well, I am crushing it. StrongLifts 5x5 has dramatically improved my overall fitness and health (BP down, weight heading down, muscle mass up). Clothing fits better. I'm at the point where every workout is a real struggle, which is a good sign, IMHO.  Still packing about half an extra average human, but who gives a fuck? My objective is not to end up as decrepit as my father and his younger brother when I'm in my 70s. Between them, they have five knee replacements, 3 hip replacements, 2 hip rescissions, and three back surgeries.

Beast mode: ACTIVATED!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

mongers

Anyone doing much of this nowadays?  :unsure:

(bump) :blush:

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2015, 04:13:59 PM

I've gotten a membership in a fitness club. :huh: My employer decided to pay for it, so I won't feel as bad when I don't use it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 15, 2015, 04:17:37 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2015, 04:13:59 PM

I've gotten a membership in a fitness club. :huh: My employer decided to pay for it, so I won't feel as bad when I don't use it.

So, that's, a, positive?

:P

Liep

I mean, I'll go to the intro. And then once more at the very least.

Also, mountain bike season is starting (ie. forest is emptying of the summer riders leaving more space on the designated tracks).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 15, 2015, 04:20:38 PM
I mean, I'll go to the intro. And then once more at the very least.

Also, mountain bike season is starting (ie. forest is emptying of the summer riders leaving more space on the designated tracks).

Yes, I'm just getting back 'my' forest from tourists as well. If the weathers good I'll try to sneak in some evening rides before the nights really draw in.