News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Scipio on September 11, 2015, 10:43:09 AM
Well, I am crushing it. StrongLifts 5x5 has dramatically improved my overall fitness and health (BP down, weight heading down, muscle mass up). Clothing fits better. I'm at the point where every workout is a real struggle, which is a good sign, IMHO.  Still packing about half an extra average human, but who gives a fuck? My objective is not to end up as decrepit as my father and his younger brother when I'm in my 70s. Between them, they have five knee replacements, 3 hip replacements, 2 hip rescissions, and three back surgeries.

Keep it up Scip. :thumbsup: How long have you been running Stronglifts?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

MadBurgerMaker

I did poorly this week.  Only got into the pool once, on Monday, and only swam 700 yards.  Just wasn't motivated all week.  Today I got all ready to get in and go, but am now just sitting near the pool. 

Drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, and watching football. 

Football season is really bad for my health.  Hell, I only did it Monday because I came home from work all pissed off at some dumbassery that had been going on and jumped in right away to blow off some steam.

alfred russel

I guess this should go here...

Has anyone seen the brosciencelife videos on youtube? I'm addicted--they are hilarious.

Here is one of the many:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUW77ie8sE

which is hilarious, and has special appeal for the gay languishites
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Legbiter

Quote from: alfred russel on September 19, 2015, 08:06:10 PM
I guess this should go here...

Has anyone seen the brosciencelife videos on youtube? I'm addicted--they are hilarious.

Here is one of the many:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUW77ie8sE

which is hilarious, and has special appeal for the gay languishites

Yes he's funny in controlled doses.

Evolution of the Lifting Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbSfFFEvxw

What Type of Fitness Chick are You?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6tTv_DEY7s

Do You Even Lift?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OloLS5kTrVs
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

Still pottling about on the bike doing my typical 300-400 miles a month; have a reached a plateau and it's all downhill for me now.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

So, yeah, I'm doing this. While I have trained I'm not what you'd call 100% prepared for the half marathon, but I'll get round somehow, even if getting up off the loo the next day is hazardous. If you can spare some cash you all know why this cause is important to me. And, well, everyone.

https://www.justgiving.com/Berry-Baker

Liep

Joined a trail building team yesterday who's expanding the mountain bike trail. We were strengthening a wet area by digging holes and filling them with large rocks. Very hard work, much more so than just riding the trail. :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 25, 2015, 05:35:32 AM
Joined a trail building team yesterday who's expanding the mountain bike trail. We were strengthening a wet area by digging holes and filling them with large rocks. Very hard work, much more so than just riding the trail. :D

:cool:

Nice work, short term pain for long term gain.  :)

Scipio

Quote from: Legbiter on September 15, 2015, 06:30:29 PM
Quote from: Scipio on September 11, 2015, 10:43:09 AM
Well, I am crushing it. StrongLifts 5x5 has dramatically improved my overall fitness and health (BP down, weight heading down, muscle mass up). Clothing fits better. I'm at the point where every workout is a real struggle, which is a good sign, IMHO.  Still packing about half an extra average human, but who gives a fuck? My objective is not to end up as decrepit as my father and his younger brother when I'm in my 70s. Between them, they have five knee replacements, 3 hip replacements, 2 hip rescissions, and three back surgeries.

Keep it up Scip. :thumbsup: How long have you been running Stronglifts?
I started about a year ago, but I've only really been dedicated to the program for the past six months.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

And my update is that I fucking crushed it again. Mississippi, goddamn! Finally got over the overhead press hump (120 lbs). What a bitch. The last set was so difficult that after completing it I flexed like a broscience douche.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 25, 2015, 07:57:18 AM

Yeah, it turned out well, only a few dozen more places to do now. :P

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 25, 2015, 04:28:34 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 25, 2015, 07:57:18 AM

Yeah, it turned out well, only a few dozen more places to do now. :P

snip

I should really do some of that, rather than just occasional bits and pieces I do on the spur of the moment.

Very similar conditions to yours in the forest today, lovely early autumn evening.

Had a nice half off-road, half on-road journey.

lustindarkness

In the evenings I run these http://redmountainpark.org/ trails before I head home, starting to get darker earlier in the evenings now. And with so many trees, it gets real dark real quick. Real dark.

When we fall back the clock soon, I'll have to start runnning with a head light.  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

The tourist numbers have started to drop in the forests near my house.  Dog walking/running is more enjoyable now.  Still not doing nearly enough exercising though.

Liep

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 30, 2015, 10:11:54 AM
In the evenings I run these http://redmountainpark.org/ trails before I head home, starting to get darker earlier in the evenings now. And with so many trees, it gets real dark real quick. Real dark.

When we fall back the clock soon, I'll have to start runnning with a head light.  :hmm:

I love riding in the forest in the dark. But you really need a very good torch.