News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 15, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
I showed up on Google Play today, I should have waited another day, but could not help myself.  :nelson: :blush:

I followed the instructions: updated old app, sync to ZombieLink with old app, download new app (looks awesome!), log in new app (did I mention it looks awesome), sync with ZL in new app  :( won't let me Sync, I guess new app does not work with old ZL, so now I wait.  :glare: I hope its up my by tomorrow, I don't think I'll have time for a run this evening anyway.
It was an early defect. It's been fixed now - just DL the latest release.

Brazen

It's ragweed pollen season. I can pretty much give up on breathing until September. Could be troublesome with three races booked next month.

alfred russel

I'm trying to recruit gym climbing partners. I got a cousin to sign up for a belay class last week. After she took the class, we did some climbing, and while she passed the belay test at the end, I was uneasy enough with the way she was doing things was doing a bit of downclimbing to avoid relying on her.

I felt a bit guilty about that until we went back today, and she totally bombed the belay test. She retook it an hour later, and she seemed really shaky--the test length basically doubled from what they said it would be. They said she needs to retake the test the next time she comes, and the tester told me to be sure I do a thorough partner check before any climb.

Not sure how excited I am about her being a climbing partner...hopefully she will start picking it up.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Me < 110 Kg

It may not look impressive, but it's been long since that last happened.

jimmy olsen

I walked 200 kilometers in May. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2015, 01:32:36 AM
I walked 200 kilometers in May. :)

Is that a 6.4 km/day situation, hiking, or what?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Ran my small 8k round this morning as it was supposed to get hot in the afternoon and I wanted to just laze around.

Some friends called and we made a 60k cycling trip with almost 1000 height meters with about 30 degrees celsius (86F).

I am really exhausted now.

Bad news for my planned half marathon. I can run about 15k in the speed that I want to run at the race, but now I seem to have trained too hard and my knee hurts all the time.  :Embarrass:

Eddie Teach

The first guy to run a marathon killed himself doing it, don't know why people are so eager to follow suit.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 05, 2015, 02:56:09 PM
The first guy to run a marathon killed himself doing it, don't know why people are so eager to follow suit.  :P

Well first he ran to Sparta and back. You have to do that to really get the death possibilities up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2015, 03:05:25 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 05, 2015, 02:56:09 PM

Well first he ran to Sparta and back. You have to do that to really get the death possibilities up.

Yeah, the Marathon is for wimps - also, the story of him dying doing it is probably a later fake.

Real runners do the Spartathlon. Which he actually did do. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartathlon
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on May 26, 2015, 08:30:55 AM
It's ragweed pollen season. I can pretty much give up on breathing until September. Could be troublesome with three races booked next month.
This is my worst time of year for pollen too.
Bloody system having exams around this time of year too :(
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on May 30, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
I'm trying to recruit gym climbing partners. I got a cousin to sign up for a belay class last week. After she took the class, we did some climbing, and while she passed the belay test at the end, I was uneasy enough with the way she was doing things was doing a bit of downclimbing to avoid relying on her.

I felt a bit guilty about that until we went back today, and she totally bombed the belay test. She retook it an hour later, and she seemed really shaky--the test length basically doubled from what they said it would be. They said she needs to retake the test the next time she comes, and the tester told me to be sure I do a thorough partner check before any climb.

Not sure how excited I am about her being a climbing partner...hopefully she will start picking it up.

We went back today. She did well enough on the belay test they passed her for today, but she has to keep testing. she.Has a phd from one of the best schools in the country, not sure how she cant grasp belaying.

Then today while climbing she dropped me. I fell about half the length of the wall before she caught me...i had enough speed that she went flying. Had someone at the gym seen that, they probably would have taken away her belay privledges forever.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on June 06, 2015, 04:31:49 PM
We went back today. She did well enough on the belay test they passed her for today, but she has to keep testing. she.Has a phd from one of the best schools in the country, not sure how she cant grasp belaying.

Presumably she didn't write her dissertation while dangling 50 feet in the air.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 07, 2015, 04:45:19 PM
Only down to 304.0, so I'm not shedding as fast as Valmy but my dimensions are changing pretty rapidly.  I may need new belts soon.

Current numbers:

Squat175 lbs
Bench125 lbs
Press80 lbs
Deadlift235 lbs

I'm going to work power cleans in starting this weekend.  I have also started boxing workouts instead of walks between weight sessions.  Beating things is more satisfying than walking around, and I could use the extra upper body work.

Down to 290.0.  Not bad considering I basically took five weeks off after the above post because of work shit. :P

Current numbers:

Squat205 lbs
Bench115 lbs
Press75 lbs
Deadlift275 lbs

I backslid on the upper body.  It is proving to be harder to develop that than my lower body.  I can feel the muscle mass and tone developing, I just can't push my work sets up yet.  I may need more rest between sets on those.

I put the boxing work on hold, because the heavy bag is in the gym's classroom.  Instead I'm going to start doing the bike for 10 - 15 minutes as both a warm-up and cool down on my regular days.

crazy canuck

Good progress Baron.  Are you doing some cardio in between your sets?  Doing cardio between workouts is a great idea, but I think the prevailing wisdom is that doing cardio between sets provides significant benefits.

Also, I would not worry too much about increasing the weight you are lifting.  What you are going for now is conditioning and strength rather than building bulk.  Besides those numbers are not too bad.