News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Some of the tracks are mindless beats, which works well enough when it's loud enough and some are old classics revved up a bit. But when it's a cheap laptop mix with autotune vocals sung in Jutlandish Danish I really can't handle it.  :yucky:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Bump.

Popped out late this afternoon and did a 60 km loop over the downs to a local town/city, nice but oddly try/windy weather.

Fitness plan for this winter is, draw up a list of local routes/trips I use and try to keeping going to them for as long as possible, before Winter sets in and then pick them up asap when Spring comes. The reasoning being it'll encourage me to keep visit places for as long possible and hopefully limit the seasonal downtime / SDO during the long winter darkness.

I also aim to keep exercising through even if that only means going for evening walks in the cold after I finish work, rather than bike rides in the cold and rain.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Finally broke down and joined the gym. :weep:

On the plus side, there's a pretty decent bit of eye candy. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I miss having a gym. My apartment complex has a fitness room but the selection of equipment isn't that great.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Right, off now for a walk in the rain into the next county.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Starting on a good foot, I did something I hate and went to the gym this morning. We'll see how I fare throughout the day. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2015, 05:57:57 PM
I miss having a gym. My apartment complex has a fitness room but the selection of equipment isn't that great.

In the first world, like Poland, there are actually gyms and fitness clubs that are not only associated with residential buildings and anyone can join those!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2015, 02:32:10 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2015, 05:57:57 PM

In the first world, like Poland, there are actually gyms and fitness clubs that are not only associated with residential buildings and anyone can join those!

Are gyms socialized in Poland? In the US, you need to spend money to go to most of them.

Martinus

You have to spend money here too. :P

That being said most corporate employers in Warsaw now provide you with vouchers which you can use to get discounts at most gyms etc.

Martinus

Speaking of which, how expensive are personal trainers in London? I would recommend you to get one, as at least for me it is much harder to skip a training session when I have someone guiding me through it, but London is notoriously expensive so I am not sure.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2015, 02:42:42 AM

That being said most corporate employers in Warsaw now provide you with vouchers which you can use to get discounts at most gyms etc.

I know many employers moved against that in US as they were paying all this money for their employees and no one was actually going to the gym. My current company removed that policy for that reason.

As to your later question, I've no idea. I figure that from the outset I shouldn't throw tons of money at this. :D

Liep

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2015, 03:47:29 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2015, 02:42:42 AM

I know many employers moved against that in US as they were paying all this money for their employees and no one was actually going to the gym. My current company removed that policy for that reason.

As to your later question, I've no idea. I figure that from the outset I shouldn't throw tons of money at this. :D

At my company you get a membership for free but it's cancelled if you're not going at least 4 times a month.

It's very strict. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

Ran nine miles on Sunday. The thought of doing a further four this coming Sunday doesn't bear thinking about :bleeding:

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on October 06, 2015, 05:19:15 AM
Ran nine miles on Sunday. The thought of doing a further four this coming Sunday doesn't bear thinking about :bleeding:

The tube striking again? :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.