And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on August 04, 2015, 11:16:32 AM
Burpees hurt my toe joints :unsure:

You probably have tight arches with are tensing up everything in your foot and toes. Take a small ball, like a tennis ball, and roll the arches of each foot on the ball.  It will hurt at first but over time try to move to a harder smaller ball.  That should loosen things up and probably help a lot with your running.  :)

Liep

I had heard good thinks about Rohloff and I want to switch from my 2 gear hub to something that makes climbing a little easier.

Reviews are very good but it's £892.49 on sale. :cry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Someone shared this on the book of faces online social network thingie:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/08/05/the-prisoner-workout/
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

So every once in a while I borrow a balance disc (inflateable flat ball) from a coworker. She is moving on to a different office and she gave me her balance disc.
I have been standing on this thing since 9am, and its only 14:30 and I don't think I can do the whole day. My legs are tired! Easy way to burn some calories and strenghten my legs and core right?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

I have completely failed to do much in the way of exercise lately however I have lost 5kg. I'm at the lightest I've been for several years- not yet at my target but it looks good.
How? Hot weather has totally destroyed my appetite. I am also drinking a lot of tea.
Also the lack of Japanese food probably helps :(
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

We need Mongers to keep this thread alive!

I've been rather diligently going to an indoor climbing gym 3-4 times a week the past month+. Unfortunately that is displacing a bit of my running--I don't have the energy to go hard in the climbing gym and then go for a run. Then when I do run, I can't keep up my old pace and cut off my runs early.  :(

I haven't lost weight, but I think my weight is becoming distributed differently. My pants are now way too big in the waist. It is to the point I can put on and take off some of them without unbuttoning.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Brazen

Turned up for my regular "cardio tone" workout on Saturday - basically aerobics and low weight-high-rep resistance for middle aged ladies set to 80s music - to find the teacher was off. The replacement did an hour-long Insanity-style HIIT workout instead :bleeding: Though I probably needed a kick up the backside like that.

Was still sore for my run yesterday. I've got a problem at the moment - half an hour in I suffer from, umm, digestive distress, and have to waddle home or to the nearest public toilet. This is a bit of an issue as I'm supposed to be out for over an hour! The only solution I can think of is to get up a couple of hours earlier, have breakfast and a strong coffee, and not head out until I've had a lucky poo.

alfred russel

Waking up a couple hours earlier doesn't sound like a sustainable solution. Could you possibly try to shift the timing to the evening?

I was excited last night after a climbing session--my legs hurt, which I was hoping meant that I was using technique enough to keep my legs as the major source of power. This morning I am rather certain they were hurting because I strained a muscle.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

My groin is strained/pulled. I'm not going to be running or climbing for a while.  :(

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on August 16, 2015, 09:04:51 PM
We need Mongers to keep this thread alive!

I've been rather diligently going to an indoor climbing gym 3-4 times a week the past month+. Unfortunately that is displacing a bit of my running--I don't have the energy to go hard in the climbing gym and then go for a run. Then when I do run, I can't keep up my old pace and cut off my runs early.  :(

I haven't lost weight, but I think my weight is becoming distributed differently. My pants are now way too big in the waist. It is to the point I can put on and take off some of them without unbuttoning.

Haven't done anything of note, but have being doing quite a bit of outdoor type stuff in reason months, but fitness wise it's pretty much plateaued, my problem is age, I can still do quite a bit, but it's being able to recover well enough to do it day in day out that I struggle with.

I'm enthusiastic about doing some serious hill walking, but that means the north of the country or another country. May have to take a leaf out of your hiking 'book'

AR, hope your injury clears up. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Mongers! I was worried about you.  :hug:

Do you have any plans/potential plans?

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 29, 2015, 12:41:44 PM
Just did 106km roundtrip to Elsinore on my steel 2-speed bike. Denmark might be flat but it was still close to 500 meters ascending, ouch.

:cool:

Well done on finding the hills there too.  :P

There's something about a steel frame, I was looking at a tourer, nothing special, but the weight and balance of the steel looked/felt about right for me.

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on August 19, 2015, 06:49:57 PM
Mongers! I was worried about you.  :hug:

Do you have any plans/potential plans?

I think it'll have to be next spring, but I've seen the hill in England I want to walk from into Wales When Blacks mountains/Brecon beacons and then onto the coast perhaps??

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

My knee hurt for the last two months. :( I can barely go running, cycling is fine though.
I guess I should see a doctor eventually.  :glare: