News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Scipio on September 25, 2015, 02:32:46 PM
And my update is that I fucking crushed it again. Mississippi, goddamn! Finally got over the overhead press hump (120 lbs). What a bitch. The last set was so difficult that after completing it I flexed like a broscience douche.

Shit, I can't get my overhead above 80. :(

lustindarkness

I have not participated in a race for a long time, should I set a race goal? What says languish? Maybe a half marathon in February? www.mercedesmarathon.com
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 30, 2015, 12:18:25 PM
I have not participated in a race for a long time, should I set a race goal? What says languish? Maybe a half marathon in February? www.mercedesmarathon.com

Hell yeah.

I'll run it too if you want. Maybe also Ide???
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

I went on a 20km hike on Sunday. The first/last part was 1100 seps. Now my calves hurt like hell.
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Quote from: alfred russel on September 30, 2015, 12:50:57 PM

Hell yeah.

Wait for me at the finish line. :lol:

Actually, I should set myself a short term and long term goal. The half as a goal for Feb 2016, and the full for Feb 2017 (if I can keep my knees healthy).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Don't count on it. I've gotten rather serious about indoor rock climbing and that has displaced most of my running. :(

There is a half marathon I've been running annually each thanksgiving, and I'm 90% decided to skip because I won't be ready.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

lustindarkness

Quote from: alfred russel on September 30, 2015, 01:12:20 PM
Don't count on it. I've gotten rather serious about indoor rock climbing and that has displaced most of my running. :(

There is a half marathon I've been running annually each thanksgiving, and I'm 90% decided to skip because I won't be ready.

That's because you run them for time. I don't care for PRs anymore, I just enjoy running the races, and I miss that. Try it sometime, its refreshing.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 30, 2015, 01:16:16 PM

That's because you run them for time. I don't care for PRs anymore, I just enjoy running the races, and I miss that. Try it sometime, its refreshing.

:hmm: I do get this in principle, but in practice I'm probably going to know what my time was and be depressed.  :P

lustindarkness

Undertood. Believe me, I understand that feeling. I love tracking my runs with the GPS like every other runner out there. I've been a runner for over half my life, so it took a while to get to a point that I can go for a run without tracking miles and/or time.  There are days I will go out and run the trails with no watch and no idea of how many miles I'm running, and those are the best runs ever.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 30, 2015, 10:18:26 AM
The tourist numbers have started to drop in the forests near my house.  Dog walking/running is more enjoyable now.  Still not doing nearly enough exercising though.

Tall man terrorizes local Vancouver woodland with his attack canine.  More on this story as it develops.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on September 30, 2015, 12:50:57 PM

Hell yeah.

Do you mean go to Birmingham?  No. :P

I am theoretically capable of a half marathon with some prep.  The most I've ever run was about 11.5 miles, and it was basically because I was just in a bad mood.

Would be a lot Goddamned easier in Columbia than in Pittsburgh.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Alright, so The Wife will do the 5k the day before the Half. This is turning into a fun running weekend.
I think I'll also go ahead and rejoin the Bham Track Club and get more involved in the running community again, anything to keep me motivated right?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Did 400 miles on my hybrid bike last month, nice mix of road and off-roady bits. Need to get out this evening whilst the weather is still good.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 01, 2015, 10:59:14 AM
Did 400 miles on my hybrid bike last month, nice mix of road and off-roady bits. Need to get out this evening whilst the weather is still good.

That's a lot. I've done 40km only this month (not counting biking to work) but it's been only on rough single track in the forest.

Also did my first Bodybike class for many years. Holy shit it's hard work, but it might be harder still to zone out the horrible music they have playing there (especially that Danish 'Boten Anna' jam :bleeding:).
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 01, 2015, 11:13:13 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 01, 2015, 10:59:14 AM

That's a lot. I've done 40km only this month (not counting biking to work) but it's been only on rough single track in the forest.

Also did my first Bodybike class for many years. Holy shit it's hard work, but it might be harder still to zone out the horrible music they have playing there (especially that Danish 'Boten Anna' jam :bleeding:).

Oh that sounds like both hard work and torture.  :D

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"