Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: mongers on November 01, 2015, 04:21:46 PM
Found thread in bottom third of page 4.  :hmm:

(bumping)

Anyone up to much?

I lift 4 times a week and do sprints on bench and press days. 

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: celedhring on November 02, 2015, 12:28:34 PM
I'm starting to look less shaped like a blob. I'm happy.

I changed apartments this summer, and now I ride my bike to the gym instead of walking, since it'a bit far. That little extra exercise seems to have made quite a difference since I'm losing weight at a faster pace.

Still 10 kgs to go, mind, and Christmas around the corner will set me back a little I'm afraid  :lol:.

Also this new gym has hotter women in it.

:thumbsup:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

lustindarkness

So I gave waking up early to run this morning (sunlight!) a try.
Waking up at 0530 to go sweat out 4 miles to then be in a hurry to get kids ready for school and to work in time kinda sucked, I will have to wake up even earlier if I will continue to run in the AM.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

I am getting to the age and stage that it takes me so much time to get my joints and muscles warmed up sufficiently to run without injury that I am much better off doing other things.  :D

Having said that, since I returned to working out I am down 15 lbs.  Not a great deal considering my height and starting weight but still a good start.  I would really like to get back down to about 240.  That may be a bit optimistic since my playing weight in my 20s was between 220 and 230 iirc.  Right now shooting to get down to 250.  About 14 more pounds to go to reach that weight but I seem stuck at around 264.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2015, 01:15:39 PM
I am getting to the age and stage that it takes me so much time to get my joints and muscles warmed up sufficiently to run without injury that I am much better off doing other things.  :D

Having said that, since I returned to working out I am down 15 lbs.  Not a great deal considering my height and starting weight but still a good start.  I would really like to get back down to about 240.  That may be a bit optimistic since my playing weight in my 20s was between 220 and 230 iirc.  Right now shooting to get down to 250.  About 14 more pounds to go to reach that weight but I seem stuck at around 264.

Have you considered aiming for odd-number targets, they're easier to achieve; try 259 next.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2015, 03:20:56 PM
:D

Well five is easier to achieve than 14 and this way you still get into the next decile.  :)

mongers

Quote from: mongers on October 05, 2015, 11:32:10 AM
Right, off now for a walk in the rain into the next county.  :bowler:

Just did this again, in the wind and the rain.  :bowler:

Eddie Teach

My fitness in 2015 has been going the wrong direction.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

So my max pulse is 190 which fits my age nicely. It's way way too hot for spinning classes though, the temperature in that room was just unbearable.

It's t-shirt weather. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 10, 2015, 02:23:37 PM
So my max pulse is 190 which fits my age nicely. It's way way too hot for spinning classes though, the temperature in that room was just unbearable.

It's t-shirt weather. :(

Yeah, the outside was pretty nice early this evening, some rain but pretty much t-shirt weather, I regret wearing a jumper for the 40km I did.

KRonn

My  2015 fitness is going slowly, I just haven't been able to get it going well. At least a lot of outside work in the yard and garden help a bit. But I did just buy a new bo-staff and have started practicing with it. Not heavy exercise but enjoyable for me. When I was heavy into doing martial arts in my younger years, kick boxing, etc. the staff was my favorite weapon.  It's something I've been meaning to do for a while and I think seeing Morgan on TWD using it like he does did help rekindle more of my desire to work with the staff.

My weight is fine, was down actually to the point I almost wanted to put on a few pounds. It has to be my eating habits which for a few years now have moved away from so much heavy foods to more veggies and lighter foods. But then I've never really been heavy, just sometimes had a few extra pounds like most of us.

Liep

My spinning class ended the same time as the yoga class in the next room. I think I might sign up. :jaw-drops-to-floor: :wub:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Did a nice 8 miler on the trails yesterday, felt great the rest of the day, felt like shit when I got out of bed until I worked out some of the stiffness. :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Scipio

I am entering the not-lifting as much, bike-riding a lot more phase. Camping bike trip this weekend. With ladies.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt