News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Scottish Lords go all rebellious. France and the Prots tie on the roll, and France wins ties.

Unless there is some other modifier I am not aware of? I am thinking Prots were at +2, +1 for base influence, +1 for controlling Edinburgh
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote#30: 3 / Ruler Falls Ill
Play against any other major power. Choose to have that power either: -- discard one card (chosen at random), or -- skip his next impulse and allow you to return one of his army leaders to his capital (or another home fortified space he chooses if the capital is under siege or controlled by another power).

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Ottoman army drinks some brackish water while encamped on the Lido. Sokollu returns back to Istanbul to seek treatment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Operations
#10: 1 / Siege Engineering [COMBAT]
Message from Protestants:
For CP :

1/1 - Control Namur.

Back to Max.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Max has to skip this impulse, no?

Solmyr

Also, can you control Namur with Spanish troops next to it?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on July 22, 2013, 05:43:43 AM
Also, can you control Namur with Spanish troops next to it?

Brussels and Namur are not actually adjacent, which is weird but something I noticed earlier (I would have planned things differently if they were).

ulmont

Brussels falls to assault, the Spanish march on Antwerp, and finally Amsterdam is converted.

Solmyr

English agents infiltrate Paris and Madrid. Berkut up.

Berkut

Played Grand Tour to patronize some crappy artist.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote#24: 5 / Holy League
Playable by any power eligible to have diplomatic influence with the Papacy, Venice or Holy Roman Empire (if not a player power). Not playable if Ottoman VP are below 13. Gain 4 influence dividing it as desired between these powers and then resolve the diplomatic status of any two of these powers.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
1/5 - Schwendi, Zrinyi + 8rm3 to Trieste

Pausing unless Max wants to intercept or play any response.

Maximus

garbon

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Message
2/5 - Take control of Trieste
3/5 - Stack moves on Venice and 2 Venetians join with relief force

Any CC? Else I can roll in a bit or you can resolve.

Maximus

Ottoman forces take out nearly 2/3 of the HRE force, but lose even more and are surrounded and destroyed.

garbon

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Message
Ugh!

4-5/5 2 Mercs raised in Graz

Looks like Turks and HRE don't have slap fights like the Spanish/Protties.