News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

I assume you realize this invalidates our previous agreement.

Berkut

What previous agreement are you referencing? We had no agreement about the play of this card, so I am not sure how anything can be invalidated.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Alright. If you say there is no previous agreement then I guess there is no agreement

Solmyr

Btw, you just gave Berkut a draw this turn and a draw next turn, in exchange for a 2 CP card.

Berkut

Quote from: Maximus on July 18, 2013, 04:19:41 PM
Alright. If you say there is no previous agreement then I guess there is no agreement

I said nothing of the sort.

edit: OK, I went back and checked our agreement. You are right - I messed that up. I had agreed to play that for Ops, my fault.

However, I also paid you for a card play. So you are ending up WAY ahead. It would have been nice for you to simply point that out rather than accept taking the card from me.

Can you simply hang onto the card in question and we can discuss it during diplo next turn, if that is convenient for you.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

For clarity, garbon is up to play.

garbon

Quote#19: 3 / Diplomatic Miscue
Remove up to 5 CP of diplomatic influence that another major power has with a single power.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
1-2/3 Regular in Graz
3/3 Merc in Graz
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Move posted in acts. Antwerp and Flushing fall to a protestant rebellion thanks to the Synod of Emden.  Can't make a file until later.

Max is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion

Message from Ottoman:
1/4 Sokollu +10r +1c to Trieste

garbon may intercept.

Habbaku

Intercept failed. Max is still up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

If it's a failed intercept he doesn't get to attempt another this impulse. Which is fine by me but should probably let him decide that.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Venice is besieged. Ottoman fleet wins a very narrow victory in the Adriatic. File sent. Garbon needs to pick casualty and retreat.

ulmont

Spanish / Dutch slapfight continues, with each side losing a merc.

Solmyr

Hawkins engages in piracy with notably less success than Drake. Spanish gold is used to patronize a crappy painter.

Berkut up.