And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on July 25, 2013, 11:49:30 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 25, 2013, 10:19:06 AM
Gosh, England trying to convince everyone that France needs to be stomped on. Whoulda thunk it?

Anyone not blind can see that you are winning, as you are the only person currently with no enemies and nobody keeping you in check.

Well you did chose to abdicate those responsibilities while suggesting that those of us with more pressing issues should take on the mantle. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

I only stopped when nobody else seemed interested. Now with Spain on my case it's no longer an issue. I don't really care about who wins (I've won plenty of games already), just odd that people make it so easy for someone.

Habbaku

A crazy suggestion, I know, but if you actually make it seem like you're going to do something to the French (or whomever the person winning at the time might be), you may, in fact, garner support for such a line of action!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Protestants will pass the turn, by the way.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 09:29:47 AM
Damn, the protestants vp has sure taken a plunge.

Which is what happens when the rest of the board lets Spain and France have complete peace.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on July 25, 2013, 12:57:51 PM
A crazy suggestion, I know, but if you actually make it seem like you're going to do something to the French (or whomever the person winning at the time might be), you may, in fact, garner support for such a line of action!

I guess you forgot to act on my suggestion to you last turn, when I was doing something to the French.

garbon

His WP and the Ottoman aggression did make it a bit hard for me to turn around and intervene in France. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 25, 2013, 12:59:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 09:29:47 AM
Damn, the protestants vp has sure taken a plunge.

Which is what happens when the rest of the board lets Spain and France have complete peace.

Not that you've really moved against the French at all this game, preferring to muck around in the Low Countries instead.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 01:17:36 PM
His WP and the Ottoman aggression did make it a bit hard for me to turn around and intervene in France. :D
The Ottomans are a peaceful people :goodboy:, but every attempt at peaceful progress was stymied by HRE agression.  :(

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on July 25, 2013, 01:14:05 PM

I guess you forgot to act on my suggestion to you last turn, when I was doing something to the French.

Your suggestion was that I should do something about the French while you sank a couple of boats.  You are welcome to look at my rolls from that turn to see just how little I was capable of without more substantial assistance than that.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Maximus

Don't have cb access atm. I think it's just the fleet anyway. They go to that fortified space, Scutari or whatever.

garbon

Schwendi, Zrinyi + 3 and those 4 mercs to Vienna.

1 regular added to Vienna.

ulmont

Quote from: ulmont on July 25, 2013, 10:23:14 AM
Items for end of turn:

1) Habbaku to confirm he's done for the turn (otherwise I skipped him, but c'est la vie);
2) Ottoman winter;
3) English winter;
4) French winter;
5) HRE winter.

Berkut? Solmyr?

Berkut

All mercs that can go to Metz do so.

All other mercs to Paris
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned