News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Since you attacked from Ionian, don't you have to go back there?

Maximus

A spectacular fireworks display over Corfu is enjoyed by all. Ottomans sail on into the Adriatic.

Meanwhile Sokollu besieges the fortress at Agram

Ulmont up

Maximus

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2013, 11:50:00 AM
Quote from: 16.2.9If the combat occurred in a port, the attacker retreats to a sea zone connected to that port that is free of enemy naval units.

garbon

Apparently not, which is one reason I guess that I could have wanted to intercept.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on July 15, 2013, 11:50:53 AM
A spectacular fireworks display over Corfu is enjoyed by all. Ottomans sail on into the Adriatic.

Meanwhile Sokollu besieges the fortress at Agram

Ulmont up

Actually don't I get an intercept chance for that land movement too?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 11:56:58 AM

Apparently not, which is one reason I guess that I could have wanted to intercept.
In that case I would have fought your galleys at sea and used the CP to move into the Adriatic. 6/6 but with better(but apparently still terrible) battle odds for me.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 11:59:06 AM
Actually don't I get an intercept chance for that land movement too?
Yes you're right, do you want to intercept?

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on July 15, 2013, 12:00:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 11:56:58 AM

In that case I would have fought your galleys at sea and used the CP to move into the Adriatic. 6/6 but with better(but apparently still terrible) battle odds for me.

Fair.

Did intercept roll and my 4 mercs face you down in Agram.

Solmyr

Why are you fighting the Ottomans in open battle though? Your mercs can just hide in the fortress.

Maximus

Quote5. Fight Field Battle: If any of the interceptions were successful,
fight a field battle (Section 14) in the destination space. All units
from the intercepting power must participate in this battle; they
may not avoid battle or withdraw into a fortification.

Habbaku

Not if they intercept.  Intercepting forces must fight a field battle.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Max from ACTS:

Quote from: Maximusall for 2

It will be a bit before I can send a file. Ulmont can remove 2 cav if he plays before then.

My play:

Quote from: UlmontSpanish road as event:
- 1 regular added to Milan;
- Don John becomes a leader and moves to Milan;
- Don John, 6r+2m quasi-deploy from Milan under the special rules for Spanish Road to Mons.

Treasure play for 3 CP:
1/3 - Don John, Alva, 7r+6m move to Brussels; Protestants retreat into the fort per Habbaku.
2-3/3 - fortress to Chilean Coast.

File sent; Sol up.

Solmyr

Elizabeth hires more mercs and sends witches to put a spell on Philip II.
Berkut up.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2013, 01:35:56 PM
Elizabeth hires more mercs and sends witches to put a spell on Philip II.

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2013, 05:45:32 AM
England bears no ill will to our Spanish cousin. :)

:thumbsdown:

Habbaku

Anyone else with some anti-Spanish stuff (preferably something like German Recruitment Curtailed) is invited to make an offer for its play...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien