And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Ottoman SD: Sokollu +8r +4c to Belgrade

ulmont

Spanish SD: Alva, 2r+4m to Mons from Madrid.

Habbaku

You can only SD five troops via sea.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 12, 2013, 10:16:09 AM
You can only SD five troops via sea.

Details.

EDIT: 1+4 then.

Solmyr

ulmont

garbon

Ah, I didn't think about checking everywhere! My sd in a short bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Schwendi, Zrinyi + 6r2m to Pressburg
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

SD a regular to Dunkirk. Max is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Ottoman fleet raids Corfu. Will give Garbon a chance to respond

ulmont

Go ahead and roll the hypothetical interceptions - if they miss you don't have to wait.

Maximus

Venetian galleys may intercept in Ionian Sea if they wish

garbon

So bear with me as it has been a while since I dealt with naval combat...but I'm trying to think of why I'd want to intercept. Aren't my dice better if I'm in the port?

Maximus

You get an extra die in port, and I get 2 extra at sea since I didn't send the corsairs in, but it's an option.

garbon

Okay, that's what I thought re: my dice. No intercept then. You can roll as I need to get back to work. -_-