Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Berkut on July 11, 2013, 01:01:58 PM
France accepts Spanish offer.

France accepts peace with England.

France offers a marriage between Margarette and Navarre to the Protestants, along with 2 mercs.

France offers a marriage between Henry III and Elizabeth to the HRE.
Is that it?

Berkut

Sorry, too many games. We will give the Ottomans a treasure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

HRE accepts English and French marriage offers. Oh and accepts Spanish offer.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Sent a file with the Spanish treasure grants to France and HRE.

Habbaku

Accept the French offer. Mercenaries go to Brussels.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Preemptive one-war-is-enough, thanks.

Berkut

Questions about timing.

I had a treasure in hand to start.

Ottomans want a treasure from me.

Spain offers me a treasure. I accept Spains treasure - is order of acceptance in turn order as well, or is it whatever order the player wants?

I didn't really think about it, but in theory, if I accept that Ottoman offer first, THEN the Spanish offer, does the Ottomans get the treasure I have to start with, or does all the swapping happen at once, after acceptance, in which case there is a chance they actually get the treasure I just got from the Spanish, or is it my choice?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

ulmont

Berkut, the rules say that game state is updated immediately after acceptance of an offer, which occurs in impulse order, but don't go any further.  It strikes me that acceptance and rejection in impulse order would normally be the way to go, but check bgg if you must (but if you do, considering the draw is random, roll first to see if it's a moot point.

Maximus

ulmont

Berkut sent "No dow" through ACTS, so garbon is up to announce.

Habbaku

Doubt Garbon has any what with the Ottomans declaring war on him.

Max is up to SD.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 12, 2013, 09:11:36 AM
Doubt Garbon has any what with the Ottomans declaring war on him.

Indeed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

I sent a file that hopefully accurately encapsulated diplomacy.