News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Man, those must be some crappy treasures out there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote#76: 2 / Untimely Death [MANDATORY]
Remove any one of these leaders from the game: Piyale Pasha, Don John, Montmorency, Duke of Alva, Santa Cruz, Leicester, or Zrinyi. Card remains in deck each turn.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Don John falls on some sharp knives.

1-2/2 Schwendi, Zrinyi + 7r2m move to Graz

Max to intercept if he likes. May or may not extend my impulse depending.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

/is this a case where I should just roll to see if he could successfully intercept?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2013, 11:48:31 AM
Quote#76: 2 / Untimely Death [MANDATORY]
Remove any one of these leaders from the game: Piyale Pasha, Don John, Montmorency, Duke of Alva, Santa Cruz, Leicester, or Zrinyi. Card remains in deck each turn.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Don John falls on some sharp knives.

1-2/2 Schwendi, Zrinyi + 7r2m move to Graz

Max to intercept if he likes. May or may not extend my impulse depending.
Interception failed

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2013, 11:48:49 AM
/is this a case where I should just roll to see if he could successfully intercept?
I would say that is up to you. The rules say I have to declare before the roll, but we have allowed the active player to waive that. In cases like this where it could make a difference I would say you are justified in requiring a declaration first.

Solmyr

There is no reason for the active player not to roll, if the roll fails there's no more delay needed. If the roll succeeds, whoever can intercept can then decide if he does so or not.

garbon

QuoteOkay using 3 cp treasure to extend impulse.

2-3/3 HRE Galley built in Trieste
3/3 Move 2 Venetian galleys, HRE Galley and Papal Galley to Adriatic.

Habbaku

Ottomans fail to evade in the naval battle.  Any CCs, Max?  If no, roll the fight.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Did the file 3-18 go missing somewhere?

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on July 17, 2013, 12:51:41 PM
Did the file 3-18 go missing somewhere?

Yeah it was my apparently bad file. :(

Habbaku

You sent 1-18 the first time.  Your most recent file works fine.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

:lol:  Looks like the Venetians just broke the blockade.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 17, 2013, 01:01:31 PM
You sent 1-18 the first time.  Your most recent file works fine.

Oh gotcha. Oops. :D

garbon

Huzzah! I'll take momentary victories. :D

Habbaku

Protestants convert Edinburgh with typical Protestant dice, then rebel in Mons.

Over to Max.

-J. R. R. Tolkien