News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Someone could meet with an untimely death. I hear the Low Countries are dangerous this time of year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Popping Don John would definitely help matters.  I'd give a card/event next turn (or this turn if a situation comes up, which I'll inform you about in the event of) if he dies immediately.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Swapping an impulse now and a pretty good card for a possible even up down the line doesn't seem all that great a trade from here, but maybe you have Peotestant in the pool.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 07:07:25 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 15, 2013, 07:00:28 PM
Swapping an impulse now

That's not how mandatory events work.

I was remembering Threat To Power from HiS, yeah.

Solmyr

Quote from: ulmont on July 15, 2013, 01:49:20 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2013, 01:35:56 PM
Elizabeth hires more mercs and sends witches to put a spell on Philip II.

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2013, 05:45:32 AM
England bears no ill will to our Spanish cousin. :)

:thumbsdown:

Nobody seemed interested in stopping France from raking in VP, so I didn't feel like doing it alone and swapped to the usual English thing.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2013, 07:40:16 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 15, 2013, 01:49:20 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2013, 01:35:56 PM
Elizabeth hires more mercs and sends witches to put a spell on Philip II.

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2013, 05:45:32 AM
England bears no ill will to our Spanish cousin. :)

:thumbsdown:

Nobody seemed interested in stopping France from raking in VP, so I didn't feel like doing it alone and swapped to the usual English thing.

:huh:

They've only gained 1 more vp point than you have.

Habbaku

Yeah, but France is poised to gain several VPs this turn.  Two from Valois marriages + whatever those marriages produce, 1 VP for control of Paris, potentially 2 if they circumnavigate with Testu, 0-3 from patronage (most likely 1 VP, but still).  Gonna be tight, but they could pull it off.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Was a bit hard for me to make a move on France, what with Spain making room for the Ottos to jump down my throat. :P

Also, it could have been 3 Valois marriages but I demurred for vp related reasons. :goodboy:

Solmyr

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 07:57:49 PM
They've only gained 1 more vp point than you have.

France can get VP explosions about this time. Remember how I won with France on turn 3?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played Navarre for 4 CPs, sent out le Clerc with a colony, and suppressed heresy in Scotland.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 15, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
Popping Don John would definitely help matters.  I'd give a card/event next turn (or this turn if a situation comes up, which I'll inform you about in the event of) if he dies immediately.

Alright, we agreed on this then?

Habbaku

Offer's yours to take or leave, but I still agree to it, yeah.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

I'll toss 2 treasures next turn to not have Don John die this turn...