Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on May 11, 2019, 10:22:23 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 11, 2019, 10:17:09 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 11, 2019, 09:19:40 AM
I've finally trained myself into drinking coffee without milk. I wish I could get rid of worse habits than that, but hey, it's something.

How un-Spanish of you!  :D

I know, but that comes from the fact that coffee in Spain used to be shitty (and in some places it still is) hence we drown it in milk. But there's little reason for it nowadays if you avoid torrefacto coffee. Well, I'll probably still have café con leche for breakfast, but that it.

Yet other places where coffee used to be shitty, e.g France or Germany do not drown it in milk.  :hmm:

Josquius

When I was in Italy with a friend she convinced me Italian coffee was actually good and I should try some.
I never drink coffee. I hate the taste and smell. But what the hell.
I made sure to order something that sounded milky. Iirc late blanco.....
Turns out it was just hot milk.
I liked that coffee.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2019, 04:37:19 PM
When I was in Italy with a friend she convinced me Italian coffee was actually good and I should try some.
I never drink coffee. I hate the taste and smell. But what the hell.
I made sure to order something that sounded milky. Iirc late blanco.....
Turns out it was just hot milk.
I liked that coffee.

You'd probably like cappuccino, then.

Syt

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Always knew that saying was based on a true story.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 12, 2019, 05:51:19 AM
Always knew that saying was based on a true story.

It's not really a saying, though.  It is a typing exercise.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Potato, pomme de terre
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Has anyone else noticed that chrome has started prioritising past searches when you type something into the address bar?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on May 13, 2019, 12:29:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that chrome has started prioritising past searches when you type something into the address bar?

Yeah, just noticed that this morning.

Zanza

Police found three persons (two females around 30 and a male around 50) shot dead with bolts from a crossbow in a small hotel in Bavaria. They now found two more dead women in the house of one of the females. Mysterious crime.

Syt

They also found 2 or 3 crossbows in the hotel room. It seems they treat this as murder + suicide.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2019, 12:32:00 PM

Its pushing me to consider firefox :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2019, 01:50:44 PM
They also found 2 or 3 crossbows in the hotel room. It seems they treat this as murder + suicide.

Suicide by crossbow?

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on May 13, 2019, 02:18:53 PM

Yes! It's really annoying.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on May 13, 2019, 05:37:11 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 13, 2019, 02:18:53 PM

Yes! It's really annoying.

Switch this off

chrome://flags/#omnibox-drive-suggestions
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk