News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Dolphins new logo is indeed shitty.  Larry Csonka is disappointed.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Jim Mandich was unavailable for comment.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:10:52 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2013, 08:42:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Ravens OL looks good, Chykie Brown is Tampa Bay's best offensive weapon.  Ugh.
I don't get to see the game until Monday, but I can believe that Chykie is a liability.

NFL Network will have the game on at 10am EST Saturday, if you can TiVo it or something.
Excellent.  That should be right around the time I get up tomorrow morning.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Lulz, not even three minutes into the game, and Dallas forces a fumble on a Raiders QB sack.  Oh, you whacky Raiders.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:05:28 PM
Plaxico Burress blew out his rotator cuff in practice, had surgery and will miss the entire season for the Steelheads.  Looks like retirement time.

Gotta make it into the Hall in the oddest given name ever category.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 09:13:00 PM
Lulz, not even three minutes into the game, and Dallas forces a fumble on a Raiders QB sack.  Oh, you whacky Raiders.
Damned NFL Network screwed the pooch on their scheduling.  I got home from work to watch the game and I missed all of Flynn's playing time and most of the 1st string d's.  Pryor is actually looking good, aside from the horrible redzone int throw/decision.  The other 2 qb's are nice as well.  They've got some solid building blocks it appears.  I am: content.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Quote from: fhdz on August 09, 2013, 06:59:00 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2013, 06:10:40 PM
Do people really put stock into preseason games?  Especially the first one?

Stock? I haven't purchased any. I do want to see if the Bears' o-line looks snappier, though.  :mellow:

How can you tell anything about their o-line when 90% of the game you have guys you have never heard of and won't ever play in the NFL trying to block guys you have never heard of and won't ever play in the NFL?

I can understand caring a small amount about the 3rd game, when guys you have heard of will actually play into the second half.  But the first game, after 10 days of camp?  My cat throwing darts is probably a better predictor of what will happen this season than that.

Sophie Scholl

Where the Raiders are, I'm simply looking at guys who appear to have some level of worth next year.  Whether it bee good form, throwing motion, route running, hands, etc., I'm enjoying watching all levels of the depth chart compete.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:15:13 PM
Dolphins new logo is indeed shitty.  Larry Csonka is disappointed.

Yes, yes it is.

katmai

Kapernick only played one series so not going to read a damn thing into the 10-6 loss.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Brandon Stokley has come home to the Ravens.  That's awesome.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2013, 09:02:59 AM
Brandon Stokley has come home to the Ravens.  That's awesome.

He will promptly miss 10 weeks this season.

Neil

He'll promptly replace some of the production lost by Boldin and Pitta, and help lead the team back to glory.

CountDeMoney

Meh, he's snakebit in a Ravens uniform.