And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: fhdz on August 08, 2013, 02:29:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2013, 08:46:18 PM
I dunno.  It's hard to trust Cutler.  He's like Romo.

Disagree, he's far superior to Romo.

:yeahright:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Cutler plays outside in the cold.  Romo plays in a domo.

katmai

Cutler has won one more playoff game then Romo, that is about only way he's superior.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: fhdz on August 08, 2013, 02:29:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2013, 08:46:18 PM
I dunno.  It's hard to trust Cutler.  He's like Romo.
Disagree, he's far superior to Romo.
In what way?  They're both unreliable.  They've both reigned in mediocrity over marque franchises.  They both get crushed in the playoffs.  The main difference between them is that Romo projects himself as an alright guy, while Cutler projects himself as a huge douchebag.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I know it's mostly against the Atlanta defensive #2's but Josh Johnson is looking awfully good.  Like "give Andy Dalton a run for his money" good.

And I like the way our Estonian defensive end is pushing OTs back.  He's gonna be good on special teams.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Ravens OL looks good, Chykie Brown is Tampa Bay's best offensive weapon.  Ugh.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Ravens OL looks good, Chykie Brown is Tampa Bay's best offensive weapon.  Ugh.
I don't get to see the game until Monday, but I can believe that Chykie is a liability.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Asa Jackson's had a much better game in the backfield.  Special teams has looked good;   WR LaQuan Williams has a punt fumble recovery and a punt block TD on special teams and a receiving TD.  Bobby Rainey is having a great game at RB, and that Polish fullback rookie has some hands coming out of the backfield.  Shiancoe had some good catches, as did Dickson.  Bryant McKinnie lost 15 pounds, and there's been no issues at center.  The revamped DL and inside LBs have looked good, or Tampa Bay is really that bad. Ravens definitely have depth issues at CB, though.

Tyrod Taylor is Tyrod Taylor.  Gack.

1st round draft pick Matt Elam?  He only brought Peyton Hillis to a 60-to-0 cold stop.  Kid's a banger.

Interesting piece just now;  Coach Harbaugh took the whole team up to Gettysburg the other day, did the tour with the park rangers and some US Army types.

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2013, 08:05:16 PM
In what way?  They're both unreliable.  They've both reigned in mediocrity over marque franchises.  They both get crushed in the playoffs.

In both cases, it's pretty hard to argue that their respective o-lines haven't caused a *lot* of that.

QuoteThe main difference between them is that Romo projects himself as an alright guy, while Cutler projects himself as a huge douchebag.

*shrug* The other Bears love Cutler, and that's all that really matters. The "douchebag" thing has largely been conjured up by sports journalists; I'm surprised you're falling for it.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Isn't Asa Jackson suspended for eight games or something?

As for Cutler/Romo, even their ass offensive lines tie them together.  They're the same guy.

citizen k

The Seahawks looked good tonight. Beat the Chargers 31-10. Christine Michael was impressive.

Neil

With a name like Christine, he's gotta be tough.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2013, 11:09:48 AM
With a name like Christine, he's gotta be tough.

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
So I give ya that name and I said goodbye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's the name that helped to make you strong."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on