News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2013, 09:03:09 PM
Asa Jackson's had a much better game in the backfield.  Special teams has looked good;   WR LaQuan Williams has a punt fumble recovery and a punt block TD on special teams and a receiving TD.  Bobby Rainey is having a great game at RB, and that Polish fullback rookie has some hands coming out of the backfield.  Shiancoe had some good catches, as did Dickson.  Bryant McKinnie lost 15 pounds, and there's been no issues at center.  The revamped DL and inside LBs have looked good, or Tampa Bay is really that bad. Ravens definitely have depth issues at CB, though.

Tyrod Taylor is Tyrod Taylor.  Gack.

1st round draft pick Matt Elam?  He only brought Peyton Hillis to a 60-to-0 cold stop.  Kid's a banger.

Interesting piece just now;  Coach Harbaugh took the whole team up to Gettysburg the other day, did the tour with the park rangers and some US Army types.
Bucs didn't play their starting guards (their #1 and #3 talented linemen) amongst others kept out so don't look too deeply into it.  Bucs have a lot of guys coming off of injuries and are being very careful with playing time so they probably will lose the first three playoff games with so much less playing time for starters.  I was shocked they played Doug Martin at all first preseason game.   :yuk:

fhdz

Bears' first preseason game tonight. Let's see if the new-and-improved line makes a difference.
and the horse you rode in on

sbr

Do people really put stock into preseason games?  Especially the first one?

JacobL

Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2013, 06:10:40 PM
ESPN puts stock in everything. 

""Look Who's Back

The world champion Ravens picked up where they left off as the preseason shifted into high gear. ""

Is their headline about that game.  :bowler:

sbr

Quote from: JacobL on August 09, 2013, 06:12:56 PM

""Look Who's Back

The world champion Ravens picked up where they left off as the preseason shifted into high gear. ""

Well the media has no choice in the matter as long as other people try to care about it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: JacobL on August 09, 2013, 06:02:41 PM
I was shocked they played Doug Martin at all first preseason game.   :yuk:

Kid's gotta get used to being hit again.

Ed Anger

Dane Sanzenbacher gave me wood last night.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

JacobL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 06:18:56 PM
Quote from: JacobL on August 09, 2013, 06:02:41 PM
I was shocked they played Doug Martin at all first preseason game.   :yuk:

Kid's gotta get used to being hit again.
Ehhh he had 375 touches last year and iirc the 2nd most yards after contact, I think he is use to it.

fhdz

Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2013, 06:13:58 PM
Quote from: JacobL on August 09, 2013, 06:12:56 PM

""Look Who's Back

Well the media has no choice in the matter as long as other people try to care about it.

I'd say that's more of a chicken-and-egg scenario.

fhdz

Stock? I haven't purchased any. I do want to see if the Bears' o-line looks snappier, though.  :mellow:

Ed Anger

I wish I had caught the browns preseason game, because I'd get to see a buzzed Bernie Kosar. 3 more chances!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2013, 07:00:52 PM
I wish I had caught the browns preseason game, because I'd get to see a buzzed Bernie Kosar. 3 more chances!

:D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2013, 07:00:52 PM

:lol:  And God bless him, he's earned it.

The very first Ravens preseason game when they first came to town, the broadcasters had Art Modell come in the booth for a few plays in the 3rd quarter.  Of course, he's had a few tumblers in him by then as well, and during one of the plays, the running back gets stuffed for a loss, and Art says live on the air "Gonna have to rip that fucking play out of the playbook tomorrow".  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Plaxico Burress blew out his rotator cuff in practice, had surgery and will miss the entire season for the Steelheads.  Looks like retirement time.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2013, 08:42:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Ravens OL looks good, Chykie Brown is Tampa Bay's best offensive weapon.  Ugh.
I don't get to see the game until Monday, but I can believe that Chykie is a liability.

NFL Network will have the game on at 10am EST Saturday, if you can TiVo it or something.