News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

RIP Art :(    I had the privilege of meeting him back in 1997.  Hell of a player, hell of a man.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I remember him telling the story of the 1958 Championship Game.  He said the coach gave the most inspirational speech he ever heard in a locker room but most of the team missed it because they were all 'in the head throwing up' they were so nervous.

Not what I would have expected from the tough guy Baltimore Colts of the 1950s  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on August 05, 2013, 08:05:58 AM
Nice read, Donovan was really something else.

Yeah if you didn't love Donovan you are not a football fan. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Just learned that Dick Butkus is Lithuanian.

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2013, 02:26:49 AM
Just learned that Dick Butkus is Lithuanian.

I think you meant to say "a demigod".

BTW, in other Bears news, my CutlerCrush continues unabated:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Coaches-pleased-with-Cutlers-progress-in-offense/b17396b5-c381-4885-b973-e64d1be46169

Give that guy a half-decent o-line and you will see some serious black magic from Chicago this season.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

I dunno.  It's hard to trust Cutler.  He's like Romo.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

It's hard to trust him because he has Down's syndrome.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Packers signed Vince Young :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on August 06, 2013, 09:21:24 PM

Ok Vince last last last change.  Do Texas proud!

derspiess

No shots of me on Hard Knocks tonight.  Sorry ladies :(

They talked about James Harrison and Geno Atkins being badass, which is true.  But the meanest mofo on the the defense is Vontaze Burfict.  That dude is flat out scary.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: katmai on August 06, 2013, 09:21:24 PM
That's just ridiculous.  Then again, the Patriots signed Tebow, so it seems to me that the trend is for teams with good quarterbacks to sign bad quarterbacks in order to laugh at them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2013, 08:46:18 PM
I dunno.  It's hard to trust Cutler.  He's like Romo.

Disagree, he's far superior to Romo.
and the horse you rode in on