When do things become "recognizably modern" to you?

Started by Queequeg, August 28, 2013, 05:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Anyway, the world became modern to me in the 1990's.  Ever since then we've been living in some kind of futuristic techno-nightmare.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 10:41:27 PM
Anyway, the world became modern to me in the 1990's.  Ever since then we've been living in some kind of futuristic techno-nightmare.

Indeed. Your computer is talking to you. And it's pretty schizophrenic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 30, 2013, 10:52:28 PM

It's not the computer that bothers me.  It's the air conditioner talking that gets to me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2013, 06:46:58 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 30, 2013, 02:22:06 PMYou have been drinking it your whole life, the wrong-wing's Kool-Aid.

Only you and a few others see the real truth.

That the moon landing was a hoax and that black people are evil.

Ah, you are one of those that dismiss any criticism of Obama as racism. How original.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on September 02, 2013, 07:57:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2013, 06:46:58 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 30, 2013, 02:22:06 PMYou have been drinking it your whole life, the wrong-wing's Kool-Aid.

Only you and a few others see the real truth.

That the moon landing was a hoax and that black people are evil.

Ah, you are one of those that dismiss any criticism of Obama as racism. How original.

So what's the deal with the Neo-Nazis stuff you posted on how bad blacks were?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2013, 12:26:25 AM

It's not the computer that bothers me.  It's the air conditioner talking that gets to me.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Siege on September 02, 2013, 07:57:06 PMAh, you are one of those that dismiss any criticism of Obama as racism. How original.

Actually Siegy, you've posted some stuff that seemed to be pretty much race-baiting targeted at black people and stuff apparently sourced from white supremacists. It had nothing to do with Obama, and it did seem pretty questionable.

What's the story there? Are you joking around, did you not realize it was racist, do you think it wasn't racist at all, or do you in fact have a low opinion of black people?

I'm guessing it's one of the first three...?

CountDeMoney

I like Siegy's hair.  He can do so many neat things with it.

derspiess

I think he was just trying to point out what he sees as media hypocrisy in how it covered crimes between people of different races.

It doesn't have to be that he's trolling, stupid or racist.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2013, 10:21:38 PM
I think he was just trying to point out what he sees as media hypocrisy in how it covered crimes between people of different races.

This is languish - trolling, stupid, and/or racist posts are pretty common, so it's not like it sticks out (though I did account for other options in my question).  Nonetheless, it's a new area for posts from Siegy, so I'm curious where he's coming from when he's posting on the subject; with most of the other posters it's pretty clear where they're coming from when they post on race related topics.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2013, 10:06:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2013, 12:26:25 AM

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2013, 10:21:38 PM

Maybe, but Siege doesn't do subtly.  He certainly took a shift in recent months saying that Martin kid deserved to be shot because he was a "thug" and the like.  The way he posted the stuff anti-black stuff came off as trolling (claiming they perpetrators were white to see if anyone would damned them without reading the article.)