News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2013, 08:24:37 AM
Wonder what this guy did to piss Aaron off.

Snitchin' I bet. Snitches get stitches.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: 

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/06/bernard-pollard-was-the-last-person-to-tackle-aaron-hernandez.html

Bernard Pollard owns.

E:  Oh I just saw this today:

Shit it would help if I actually posted it before clicking the button.

QuoteJune 16
9:02 p.m.: Hernandez texts a friend out of state, saying "please make it back."
9:05: Hernandez texts Lloyd that he wants to get together.
9:35: Hernandez texts a friend in Connecticut that says "get your ass up here."
10:23: Hernandez texts the same friend, "Hurry your ass up."
McCauley indicated that Hernandez recently had 14 surveillance cameras installed in his home. Video from the cameras show two men arriving at Hernandez's home in North Attleboro. Later footage shows Hernandez with a firearm. At one point, Hernandez says to one of the men that he "can't trust anyone anymore," according to McCauley.
June 17
1:12 a.m.: The three men depart Hernandez's home in a silver Nissan Altima, according to surveillance video, cell phone towers and cell phone records.
Cell towers track their movement south on Interstate 95. At some point, they turn around, then head north before stopping at a gas station on Route 128.
2:10: Hernandez buys gas, a pack of Bubblicious gum and rolling papers.
2:32: The silver Altima arrives at Lloyd's house. Hernandez sends a text message: "We're here."
Lloyd's sister watches Odin Lloyd leave the house and get into the silver Altima. Neighborhood surveillance video shows Hernandez arriving in the neighborhood as well.
Surveillance video tracks the car around Boston.
McCauley explains that during ride back toward North Attleboro, Hernandez tells Lloyd that when they were at a club, Rumor, the previous Friday night, "certain things upset him," including Lloyd talking to some people Hernandez had "troubles" with. McCauley did not indicate how he obtained this information.
Prosecution says the text indicates the "temperature" in the car.
3:07: Lloyd texts his sister, "Did you see who I was with?"
McCauley suggests that this indicates the "temperature" in the car.
Lloyd does not receive a response.
3:11: Lloyd texts his sister again, "Hello."
3:19: Lloyd's sister responds, "My phone was dead. Who?"
3:22: Lloyd responds, "NFL."
3:23: Lloyd: "Just so you know."
By this point, the four men inside the silver Altima have gotten off I-95 on Route 152, near Hernandez's home, McCauley says records show.
3:23 a.m.: McCauley says surveillance video shows the Altima at a fork in the road. McCauley indicates that one way leads to Hernandez's home, the other down a gravel road where Lloyd's body would later be found. Video shows Hernandez's car going down the gravel road behind a group of industrial buildings.
3:23-3:27: People working the overnight in the industrial park hear gunshots.
3:27: Silver Altima is viewed coming out of gravel road.
3:29: Video at Hernandez's home shows the silver Altima pulling into his driveway.
McCauley states that the distance between where Lloyd's body was found and Hernandez's home is a 2-minute drive.
The crime scene:
• According to McCauley, police found five shell casings – three at Lloyd's feet, two some distance away.
• An autopsy showed two wounds to the chest – one near the left nipple, the other near the right nipple.
• Lloyd did not appear to be robbed, as he still had his wallet, phone and keys.
McCauley explained that Hernandez returned the Altima to a rental car agency, with the driver's-side mirror missing. A worker at rental agency discovered a shell casing under the driver's seat, next to a piece of Bubblicious gum. The shell casing and the gum were tossed into a garbage bin, where police later found them.

CountDeMoney

QuoteTim Tebow tried to break up Aaron Hernandez violent bar fight in 2007
Future Heisman QB Tebow tried to make peace between Hernandez, bouncer at Gainesville bar before police were called

Tim Tebow tried to stop Aaron Hernandez from getting into a violent bar fight in 2007 while both were football players at the University of Florida, according to Gainesville police records.

Hernandez, then a 17-year-old freshman, punched a bouncer in the head causing a broken ear drum on April 28, 2007, according to the police report.

When a police officer could not find Hernandez at the scene of the altercation around 1 a.m., the report states he interviewed Tebow about it.

The report stated the following:

A waitress at The Swamp Restaurant allegedly brought Hernandez two "alcoholic drinks," which he consumed but refused to pay for. That's when Hernandez got into a fight with a bouncer at the bar.

Hernandez told police [bouncer Michael] Taphorn got in his face and began yelling at him. As Taphorn turned to walk away, Hernandez punched him in the side of the head.

Taphorn declined medical treatment but the next day doctors discovered his right ear drum had burst and the injury would take four to six weeks to heal.

When the officer could not find Hernandez immediately following the incident, he interviewed Tebow and Shaun Young.

"Tebow stated that he witnessed the dispute," the officer wrote. "... Tebow stated that he went over to try to help resolve the conflict."

Tebow went on to say he urged Hernandez to leave peacefully and tried to make arrangements to pay the bill.

Two hours later, another officer found Hernandez and spoke with him about the incident. Tebow was present during the interview.

The officer wrote Hernandez did not appear to be intoxicated and was, "very polite and professional."

Hernandez told the officer both he and Tebow had already called then-UF football coach Urban Meyer and informed him about the incident.

A day later, the investigating officer told Hernandez's attorney, Huntley Johnson, he would not be pursuing charges in connection with alcohol served to minors at the restaurant, but he wrote, "it would be noted in the report so the coaches could handle it internally."

Gainesville police recommended Hernandez be charged with a felony, but it is unclear how the case was resolved because all of Hernandez's other juvenile records are sealed.

Tebow developed a close bond with Hernandez early in his career with the Gators, hosting Hernandez during his official recruiting visit before Hernandez signed on to play for the Gators.

Hernandez's criminal history as an adult was limited to primarily traffic citations during his time in Gainesville, but more details have since emerged about his problems following rules in Gainvesille.

He was questioned in connection with a shooting, although Hernandez was never charged following the incident.

Hernandez also confirmed to reporters that he failed at least one drug test while at Florida, hurting his NFL Draft stock.

"Leading up the draft, I provided every interested NFL team with all the information asked of me about my football and personal life," Hernandez told reporters in April 2010. "I was as candid as possible about everything, including my one single violation of the team's substance abuse testing policy over the course of three years at the University of Florida. . . . I regret what happened, learned from it and will make better decisions going forward. I am proud of my career as a Gator and I couldn't be more excited about entering the NFL and representing the New England Patriots well."

A UF athletics spokesman told the Sentinel Tuesday it does not dispute Hernandez's previous public statement he failed a drug test while he was at the school.

Hernandez and Tebow were supposed to reunited this offseason when Tebow joined Hernandez on the Patriots roster.

However, Hernandez, now 23, has been charged with first-degree murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd. Michael Fee, Hernandez's attorney, entered a not guilty plea on his client's behalf.

Shortly after Hernandez's arrest, the Patriots cut all ties with the promising tight end.

Hernandez also is being investigated in connection with a double homicide in Boston. The Boston Globe reported investigators suspect Lloyd may have been targeted because he had information about Hernandez's connection to the double shooting in Boston.

CountDeMoney

I posted this just for Berkut. 
Berkut, would you like additional information in order to contribute to his charities?

QuoteRay Lewis embarks on climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro today
Former Ravens linebacker in Tanzania to raise money and awareness for clean water projects in East Africa

Retired Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is embarking today on his climb of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest point of Africa at an elevation of 19,340 feet.

Lewis is joined on the trip by Doug Pitt, the brother of actor Brad Pitt and a goodwill ambassador in Tanzania, and retired Pro Bowl Chicago Bears defensive lineman Tommie Harris.

Lewis is in Arusha, Tanzania to raise money and awareness about the need for clean water in East Africa. The climb is scheduled to run from today through July 8.

Prior to the climb, Lewis and the group have been giving hearing aids to children in a nearby village as part of the TackleKili mission for World Serve International and Pros for Africa.

Via the @TackleKili Twitter account, Lewis is shown outfiting children with the hearing aids.

On his Twitter account today, Lewis posted: "To give someone hearing for the 1st time in their life is Life changing."

Lewis, 38, a two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year who retired after winning his second Super Bowl with the Ravens, now works for ESPN as a football analyst. He issued a statement last month about his involvement in the climb.

"In one month, I will climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania to raise money and awareness for clean water projects in East Africa," Lewis wrote. "I am so FIRED UP for this adventure, but until then, I need your help to bring clean water wells to thousands of children and families. Show your support by following my TackleKili journey, spreading the word, and donating to TackleKili."

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, 49ers linebackers climb no such heights...

QuoteFormer Ravens defensive lineman Lamar Divens was allegedly assaulted by San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks.

Following a June 8 dispute outside of Brooks' home where Divens urged an intoxicated Brooks not to drive and refused to give him his car keys, Brooks allegedly hit Divens three times in the head with a beer bottle and punched him the face, according to the San Jose Mercury News, which cited court documents.

As a result of the confrontation, Divens was allegedly left with a bloody face and needed three stitches to repair the damage.

The 6-foot-3, 340-pound Divens played for the Ravens from 2008 to 2010 after going undrafted out of Tennessee State, appearing in five games and registering no statistics.

Divens initially didn't want to press charges, but has reportedly changed his mind.

Now, the Santa Clara district attorney is contemplating going forward with an assault charge against Brooks, who was signed to a six-year, $44.5 million contract last year that included $17.5 million in guaranteed money.

According to the newspaper, prosecutors filed an application for an arrest warrant on a felony assault with great bodily harm charge. If convicted, Brooks could face a maximum sentence of four years in jail. However, prosecutors are debating whether it should be a misdemeanor charge rather than a felony or if it should be pursued at all, according to the newspaper.

Per the report, Brooks was too drunk to drive with Divens operating his vehicle. After arriving at Brooks' home and the linebacker demanded his keys, Divens "pretended to chuck them onto the grass and then started to hand them to him."

That was when Brooks allegedly hit Divens with the beer bottle twice before reportedly asking Divens: "Do I need to get my [expletive] gun?" and hit him again with the botle.

Brooks allegedly phoned a police officer and said he didn't want to press charges, stating: "He said this would be bad for both of their careers and that he just wanted to keep playing and that they had resolved it."

The 49ers have issued the following statement: "We are aware of the situation involving Ahmad Brooks. Out of respect for the legal process, the club will have no further comment at this time."

CountDeMoney

OH NOES MAH TOES

QuoteRetired Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis was unable to take part in a climb of Mount Kilimanjaro due to a foot injury and fever, according to the charitable organization, TackleKili.

Prior to the climb, TackleKili said that Lewis' fever spiked and his foot began swelling.

The mission organization for World Serve International and Pros for Africa, TackleKili said Lewis made the choice to not go forward with the climb due to his health.

"In the end, Ray's decision was to let the team move on without him, rather than hold them back or put himself in a position where an injury which requires surgery could become even more complicated," TackleKili said in a statement. "As always, his team backed his play. So while Ray refocused his service to this cause at a lower altitude, his team began the ascent on behalf of those in desperate need of clean water."

Lewis is in Tanzania to raise money and awareness about the need for clean water in East Africa.

Prior to the climb, Lewis and a philanthropic team have been providing hearing aids to children in a nearby village as part of the TackleKili mission.

"Ray stood all day yesterday doing a hearing mission," Frank Gamble posted during a video summarizing the climb. "Last night he had a bad night, fevered and really rough. So, this morning when he woke up, the foot was killing him, years of injuries and all of that. So, we're going to miss him.

"I just say goodbye to him and told him we love him. He made a significant contribution financially to provide safe water to people. Even though we're not going to have Ray, we're going to have plenty of wonderful people. We're really looking forward to seeing what we can do as a team to make it to the top."

The trip includes Doug Pitt, the brother of actor Brad Pitt and a goodwill ambassador in Tanzania, and retired Pro Bowl Chicago Bears defensive lineman Tommie Harris. The climb is expected to be done by Sunday.

After realizing he wouldn't be able to make the climb to the highest summit of Africa at an elevation of 19,340 feet due to his injury, Lewis commented on the video about his support of the people of Africa.

"The greatest thing we have in life is called opportunity," Lewis said. "It's what you do with opportunity that will actually leave a lasting legacy. This team we put together to go impact lives after lives and lives and to touch people that may never know our names, but will remember our legacy because of what we did to bring clean water to the motherland back to unfortunate people to give them a second opporutnity to say, 'You know what somebody thought about us even when we didn't have an opporutnity to think about ourselves.'

"They never think about themselves. They only think about the next day. This group has thought about other people. They put all their pains aside. We came together to make the world a better place. Lets bless people and get to the top of that mountain. Nothing can stop us. All things are possible."

Ed Anger

QuotePeople always throw out weird stuff surrounding their death ("When I die I want blah blah blah") but you rarely see people follow through on it. Not Scott E. Entsminger, a Browns fan who died at the age of 55 on July 4.

Entsminger "was an accomplished musician, loved playing the guitar and was a member of the Old Fogies Band." He was also, per his obituary in the Columbus Dispatch, a "lifelong Cleveland Browns fan and season ticket holder."

The deceased wasn't just your average Browns fan: He apparently wrote a song each year about the Browns, which he sent to the team along with advice about how to run the organization.

And he was such a big Browns fan that the family encouraged everyone attending his funeral wear clothes supporting the team. But here's the real kicker -- he wanted his pallbearers to be Browns as well.

Why? Well ...

"He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time."

Oh, Browns. You even managed to get beat by the deceased.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

:lol:  Cleveland fans are something else.  They're like Cubs fans, without silly concepts like hope.  True fatalists.

katmai

Top 5 selling jerseys

1. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers (QB, No. 7)
2. Russell Wilson, Seahawks (QB, No. 3)
3. Robert Griffin III, Redskins (QB, No. 10)
4. Adrian Peterson, Vikings (RB, No. 28)
5. Peyton Manning, Broncos (QB, No. 18)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 19, 2013, 03:43:26 PM
Top 5 selling jerseys

1. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers (QB, No. 7)

Must be all those Aaron Hernandez fans looking for a positive jailhouse tattoo role model.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2013, 08:23:02 PM
:lol:  Cleveland fans are something else.  They're like Cubs fans, without silly concepts like hope.  True fatalists.

Cubs fans, and I say this as an unabashed one, are true village idiots. Virtually all hope with virtually zero reason for it...other than playing the "it has to happen sometime" odds.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on July 19, 2013, 03:43:26 PM
2. Russell Wilson, Seahawks (QB, No. 3)

Me likey.

They really should make a SMOKIN JEHR CUTLEHR jersey, though. I'd buy that.
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

Ouch

QuoteThe Baltimore Ravens were hoping tight end Dennis Pitta could be a reliable possession receiver this season, filling a hole left when Anquan Boldin was traded to the San Francisco 49ers.

Those plans hit a snag when Pitta dislocated his hip in Saturday's practice.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son