News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I've got Hawks and Broncos on local tv here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 17, 2013, 09:37:17 PM
The Texans backup QBs are both looking/looked good tonight.  Nice battle there between Keenum and Yates.
Has Yates actually done anything since his tantalizing replacement of Schaub?

Wolfe of the Broncos broke his neck on the field.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on August 17, 2013, 09:45:45 PM
I've got Hawks and Broncos on local tv here.
Yeah.  Sort of a slow start by the Donks, but the Seahawks look pretty good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Neil

Quote from: katmai on August 17, 2013, 10:10:31 PM
Wow 14pt swing there.
Yeah, and that's the second time he's fumbled tonight.  Maybe they should just keep him on returns, since he can't pass protect and can't get hit without coughing it up.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on August 17, 2013, 10:02:51 PM
Has Yates actually done anything since his tantalizing replacement of Schaub?

He's just...been the backup.  I don't know how long he has left on his contract, but this will be his third year.  He was a rookie when he came in for Schaub that year.

Neil

So, it seems that Dustin Keller's season ended on a devastating shot to the knee.  The whole thing bent the wrong way, and it looks bad.  Just about Theismann bad.  But what's really got the radio talking heads going nuts is that the Texans safety says that he went low to avoid a fine.  Lots of talk about how the safety rules are ruining guys lives and that sort of thing.

Honestly, I didn't realize that Keller was still in the league.  He disappeared off my radar after Ray Lewis blew him up on a MNF 4th quarter play in 2011.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 18, 2013, 12:01:18 PM
But what's really got the radio talking heads going nuts is that the Texans safety says that he went low to avoid a fine.  Lots of talk about how the safety rules are ruining guys lives and that sort of thing.

They need to get used to it.  You want to enforce head shots and defenseless receivers?  Expect to pick knees and legs up all over the field from now on.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2013, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 18, 2013, 12:01:18 PM
But what's really got the radio talking heads going nuts is that the Texans safety says that he went low to avoid a fine.  Lots of talk about how the safety rules are ruining guys lives and that sort of thing.

They need to get used to it.  You want to enforce head shots and defenseless receivers?  Expect to pick knees and legs up all over the field from now on.
Yeah, you don't think they'll start penalizing and fining for hitting defenseless receivers below the thigh?

CountDeMoney

What I'm saying is defenders are going to start going lower as a rule to avoid accidental contact.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2013, 12:39:25 PM
What I'm saying is defenders are going to start going lower as a rule to avoid accidental contact.
I agree with you.  I just think that the NFL is going to take action to counter that, and that action will be stupid.

Ed Anger

My loathing of Fox Sports NFL coverage has climbed to timmay hate levels.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I really can't watch that much FOX NFL coverage myself, and couldn't stand it when it was on CBS. 

I'm surprised Howie hasn't twisted of Terry's head like a bottle cap after all these years.

I miss NBC's NFL stuff.  Costas, MacGuire, Pete Axthelm.  :(

Barrister

You guys have really got to get a grip and stop watching pre-season games.  The players don't care, so why do you?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Because it satisfies our football addiction.
Can't expect us to watch that shitty Canadian monstrosity.