NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

At least I could see Chip Kelly twice a year.  :wub:

Neil

Quote from: sbr on August 21, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
But not for long.  I don't think he'll last too long.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 07:33:01 PM
Suck it up, tough guy.  Try dealing with the Redskins piped into your brain every Sunday for decades.

"Decades" is a bit of an exaggeration.  Up until Snyder bought the team in 1999, they had a 30-year run during which they were usually at least decent.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on August 21, 2013, 08:05:16 PM
Suck it up, tough guy.  Try dealing with the Redskins piped into your brain every Sunday for decades.

"Decades" is a bit of an exaggeration.  Up until Snyder bought the team in 1999, they had a 30-year run during which they were usually at least decent.

Hey asshole, the Redskins have been piped into the Baltimore TV market since the 1970s.  Every.  Fucking.  Sunday. 
Packers and Niners competing for home field advantage in Week 15?  Your local affiliate is proud to present the 7-8 Redskins at the 2-13 Arizona Cardinals instead!

So yeah.  Fucking decades.  I know, I've lived them.

Neil

Yeah, but that was part and parcel with watching the NFL in the olden days.  Sometimes, you got a lemon.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Regional market coverage still exists.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:24:04 PM
Regional market coverage still exists.
Yeah, but you have options these days.

CountDeMoney

Sports bars, yeah.  Yahoo.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:15:33 PM
Quote from: dps on August 21, 2013, 08:05:16 PM

Hey asshole, the Redskins have been piped into the Baltimore TV market since the 1970s.  Every.  Fucking.  Sunday. 
Packers and Niners competing for home field advantage in Week 15?  Your local affiliate is proud to present the 7-8 Redskins at the 2-13 Arizona Cardinals instead!

So yeah.  Fucking decades.  I know, I've lived them.

It's the same city.

CountDeMoney

Fuck you.  Asshole Brady-cock muncher.  Fuck you and your Uggos.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:27:20 PM
Sports bars, yeah.  Yahoo.
Sunday Ticket.  Pay-per-view.  Shady live streams on the internet.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2013, 07:55:18 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 21, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
But not for long.  I don't think he'll last too long.

I would assume that he won't last long either, very few college guys have.  And no, Jim Harbaugh is not a college guy.

Kelly is intelligent, a very hard worker and his players almost always love him.  I have seen some Eagles players, notably Mike Vick, talk about Kelly and how prepared he gets them and they sound a lot like the Oregon kids.  If Kelly can get Vick's confidence back long term and keep him upright, and the defense can not be bad I think he has a chance for some short term success.

Long term I have no idea.  Even with success I'm not sure how long Kelly can hold a pro locker room.  Reminds me a bit of Gruden that way.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:30:35 PM
Fuck you.  Asshole Brady-cock muncher.  Fuck you and your Uggos.

38 miles apart.  The regional coverage isn't a stretch there.

And where did the Uggos thing come from?  :D

CountDeMoney

Uggs, Uggos, whatever the fuck you faggots are wearing these days.

sbr

No Uggs for me.  I'm a flip-flop man. :cool: