NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2013, 08:26:41 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:15:33 PM
Hey asshole, the Redskins have been piped into the Baltimore TV market since the 1970s.  Every.  Fucking.  Sunday. 
Packers and Niners competing for home field advantage in Week 15?  Your local affiliate is proud to present the 7-8 Redskins at the 2-13 Arizona Cardinals instead!

So yeah.  Fucking decades.  I know, I've lived them.
Whatever I have both the Cowgirls and the Texans piped in here and they have not only been generally terrible but are both over 150 miles away.

While Baltimore is 40 miles from DC.

But seriously the regional coverage is total garbage especially for the 21st century.  This is like 1970s bullshit the NFL is pulling.  In College Football it is not like all I can watch are Baylor, Texas, and A&M yet that is how it works for the NFL.
Yeah, but you live in Texas, what do you expect?  Which team do you think you should get?  College football doesn't have the expectation that every team gets on TV like the NFL does.  Hell, the NFL is deepening that by giving every team primetime games.

Seriously, the networks in different areas can't broadcast every game simultaneously, so how do you expect them to make the determination where different games get broadcasted?  And really, if you took a poll, most people in Austin DO probably cheer for either the Cowboys or Texans.  Dallas and Houston are still closer to Austin than Phoenix or Kansas City.  What would be the '21st century' answer for that?

It's tough for fans of out-of-town teams, but that's why Sunday Ticket sales are high, and why sports bars have good attendance on Sunday.  That and GamePass ARE the 21st century solutions.  The current situation is still infinitely better than just having whatever game the touts decide is 'exciting' all across the country.  Watching the retarded teams from the AFC East and NFC East battle it out to be King of the Crapsack Teams is no fun at all.  Give me a so-so Ravens game or even the fucking Steelers over watching the Gaytriots run up the score on the hapless, but still heavily covered Jets.  Or hey, lets watch the Eagles and their new coach turn the ball over against Dallas, only to have Tony Romo throw it right back.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

RG3 getting his own sex scandal?  Read on a couple of shitty sites of allegations, anything real?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 26, 2013, 08:16:01 PM
RG3 getting his own sex scandal?  Read on a couple of shitty sites of allegations, anything real?

You mean the thing with the waitress from last month, or something new?

Alcibiades

Yeah, something about sexting on his wedding day or some crap. 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

I don't think anything really came of that.  It seemed to just...go away...after a day or two.  To me at least.  I might have missed a bunch of shit goin down I guess. 

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on August 26, 2013, 10:39:46 AM
Yeah, but you live in Texas, what do you expect?

Well what does he expect living 40 miles from DC? :P

Anyway I think every game should be on national TV, we sure as heck have plenty of channels who would love the opportunity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 26, 2013, 08:16:01 PM

He went to Baylor so as long as he was not dancing he should be fine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2013, 10:05:59 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 26, 2013, 10:39:46 AM
Yeah, but you live in Texas, what do you expect?
Well what does he expect living 40 miles from DC? :P

Anyway I think every game should be on national TV, we sure as heck have plenty of channels who would love the opportunity.
And that would probably have been fair during the time when the Colts were moved, except for the way the league mishandled it.  Austin never had a team and never will though.

The problem with putting every game on national TV is the lack of channels with the kind of money and stature that the NFL demands for their product.  Once the big 4 have taken their games, and ESPN gets another, the NFL Network one more, you're looking at splitting the rest of the schedule between a bunch of specialty channels with tiny viewership numbers.  I can understand why the specialty channels would want that, but why would the NFL?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

The Texans stashed one of their UDFA's on IR for this season.  Alec Lemon, WR.  The guy looked pretty good for a UDFA when he played, but he wasn't going to make the team this year.  Anyway, I bring it up because I just saw a post that was asking "where's the reward for Lemon!?!" and it gave me an instant headache.  Dude is going to make ~$500,000 to hang out with an NFL team, learn the playbook, and "rehab his hamstring."  Fucking sign me up.

Sorry. 

Neil

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet deal.  I've seen some people argue that doing that retards guys careers, but I never bought that.

MadBurgerMaker

I mean I guess it doesn't allow him to go somewhere else where they might desperately need a WR or something, but....what difference does it really make if he's already on a team, just not playing vs. being the #6 WR or a special teams guy or whatever? 

Learn the playbook, talk to Andre Johnson when you can, catch the football when given the opportunity.  Seems like an okay start to a career to me.

Neil

Yeah.  Generally speaking even if he were to end up on another team, he wouldn't see the field as a wideout.  I don't know what the guy's special team skills are like, but given the choice I'm sure he'd rather go all-in to put himself in the best position to be a wide receiver than to plug away while nicked up and maybe never reach his potential.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.