Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Bernie is only mildly inebriated for the browns-colts game.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Lol, Rex Ryan is such an idiot.  Are the Jets ever going to rid themselves of this tool?

Neil

Fucking Dan Marino still can't win the big game.  Aikman and Tim Brown just smoked him in the Madden Pro-Am, on the deck of the USS Midway.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Hey Neil, you catch any of the Panthers-Ravens? 

I think it's safe to say, after 3 preseason games, that:
1) Daryl Smith will be the starting MLB, like I said he would be the moment he was signed.
2) This defensive line is probably the best since 2007, and the definitely most versatile since 2000.  Yeah, I said that.  They have the beef, the speed and the depth.
3) The QB-WR communication still needs work when it comes to blitz assignments, but I think they're pretty much set roster-wise.  LaQuan Williams, Aaron Mellette, and that 6'5" stud Marlon Brown look like they've won jobs.  They may keep Deonte Thompson and cut Tandon Doss, which would be a shame but he can't win a job on the field.
4) I don't think the TE spots are going to be as much of a panic button than initially thought;  Flacco will adjust the playcalling accordingly, and I think RB receptions will go up. Hopefully Stokely will be able to stay on the field for 3 consecutive games at a time.
4) Dumervil and Suggs have been so adept at switching spots on different downs, offenses aren't going to see them coming.  And did you see when they both lined up on the same side?  Changes the entire play for the opponent.
5) Pray to Christ, Nixon and Unitas that none of the starters in the secondary go down for long, or it's bombs away for opponents.  Safety depth is better than CB depth, but still.

Ed Anger

John Simon better make the Ravens roster.

CountDeMoney

Oh yeah, he's definitely in.  Qualifies for the "Crazy White Boy on Defense" slot.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2013, 08:34:57 PM
Hey Neil, you catch any of the Panthers-Ravens? 

I think it's safe to say, after 3 preseason games, that:
1) Daryl Smith will be the starting MLB, like I said he would be the moment he was signed.
2) This defensive line is probably the best since 2007, and the definitely most versatile since 2000.  Yeah, I said that.  They have the beef, the speed and the depth.
3) The QB-WR communication still needs work when it comes to blitz assignments, but I think they're pretty much set roster-wise.  LaQuan Williams, Aaron Mellette, and that 6'5" stud Marlon Brown look like they've won jobs.  They may keep Deonte Thompson and cut Tandon Doss, which would be a shame but he can't win a job on the field.
4) I don't think the TE spots are going to be as much of a panic button than initially thought;  Flacco will adjust the playcalling accordingly, and I think RB receptions will go up. Hopefully Stokely will be able to stay on the field for 3 consecutive games at a time.
4) Dumervil and Suggs have been so adept at switching spots on different downs, offenses aren't going to see them coming.  And did you see when they both lined up on the same side?  Changes the entire play for the opponent.
5) Pray to Christ, Nixon and Unitas that none of the starters in the secondary go down for long, or it's bombs away for opponents.  Safety depth is better than CB depth, but still.
Yeah I saw the game.  Smith was ranging sideline-to-sideline, and looked like a boss out there, and having those monsters in front of hiim helps.  Even running pretty vanilla rushes, they were getting tons of pressure.

I think that Doss is going to get cut.  He has some potential, but he can never quite take that step.  It probably didn't help that he fucked up spectacularily against the Panthers, while Mellette did OK, Brown balled out and LaQuan continued to be great of special teams.  As for Deonte, he's a burner, but there's a shitload of team speed at wide receiver.  As for the TEs, I think things will work out.  Shiancoe got cut this afternoon, which should surprise noone.  I think the kid from Harvard will be playing some Billy Bajema-ball, and might even catch soe passes.

I'm pretty confident about the defence.  Cornerback is thin, but the front seven is stacked and safety is pretty strong.  Ihedigbo is the second coming of Bernard Pollard, to the point where I'm not sure Elam will start this year.  That Simon kid is my new White Linebacker of the Year, joining past winners like JJ, Kruger and Phillips.  I think that this defence looks miles better than last year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

That said, I'm not concerned with all those fucking turnovers.  Preseason is all about re-learning not to do that shit.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on August 25, 2013, 05:51:27 AM
Lol, Rex Ryan is such an idiot.  Are the Jets ever going to rid themselves of this tool?
Yeah, that was just... unthinkable. The owner should fire him right now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

CountDeMoney

LOL, Put Sanchez in late in the 4th quarter with the scrubs, got Sanchez's shoulder all fucked up when the inevitable occurred.

Now he's stuck with Teh Geno.

Neil

Yeah, but it's Sanchez.  He sucked too.  It's not like this is an especially big deal that you would fire someone over.

CountDeMoney

They were bad enough with a healthy Sanchez, but having a broken one is even worse.  Especially when all you've got is raw rookie QB that threw half as many INTs on Saturday night than his entire senior year at WVU.

Bad things for Gotham.  Should be a fun to watch this year.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:15:33 PM
Hey asshole, the Redskins have been piped into the Baltimore TV market since the 1970s.  Every.  Fucking.  Sunday. 
Packers and Niners competing for home field advantage in Week 15?  Your local affiliate is proud to present the 7-8 Redskins at the 2-13 Arizona Cardinals instead!

So yeah.  Fucking decades.  I know, I've lived them.

Whatever I have both the Cowgirls and the Texans piped in here and they have not only been generally terrible but are both over 150 miles away.

While Baltimore is 40 miles from DC.

But seriously the regional coverage is total garbage especially for the 21st century.  This is like 1970s bullshit the NFL is pulling.  In College Football it is not like all I can watch are Baylor, Texas, and A&M yet that is how it works for the NFL.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Shit. I get stuck with the browns when Cincy can't sellout their stadium.

THE GODDAMN BROWNS.