News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 09, 2013, 01:33:00 PM
I was thinking of getting into shape, but am currently unsure what shape I wish to be.

Maybe one of these?

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

I am a charging rhino.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Quote from: PDH on July 16, 2013, 09:47:51 PM
Back from vacation - did 20 miles today.  My god, a week away from the bike and suddenly 20 miles is a lot...

:thumbsup:

Doing very little myself.  :(

Having been hit with a sudden heatwave in dear old blighty, I'm acclimatizing myself by doing a bit on the bike each evening and trying to set out a bit earlier each time to build up some tolerance for the heat.

This evening set out just before 6 and did 14 miles on the folder, 86F when I set out, still 83F when I got back an hour later.

Not too bad as not excessively humid, but constant sunshine is an issue, have taken to sprinting across the wide open bit to get to the shaded stretches of the road.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Did 50km today, it was maybe too hot, but I feel that every day with clear blue sky in Denmark must be a used for cycling purposes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 21, 2013, 07:51:20 AM
Did 50km today, it was maybe too hot, but I feel that every day with clear blue sky in Denmark must be a used for cycling purposes.

:cool:

Heh, I'm almost the opposite, praying for cloudy days and only going out on the bike in the evenings.  :)

All told doing very little, typical ride at the moment 20km part off-road shopping trip at 7-8pm lastnight.

Caliga

Looks like I'll be testing for my next belt in karate next month. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

Did the 5-mile Anniversary Race through the Olympic park yesterday, finishing by crossing the line in the stadium itself, with Chariots of Fire playing. Without doubt my bestest race EVAH.

Liep

60km today, I was riding out near Copenhagen Airport and there's a small road just next to the start of the landing strip. Having commercial airliners roar what feels like just a few meters above you while riding is amazing, I can only imagine how awesome the fly over on Champs-Élysées‎ must've been.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

I've crossed the line in the London Olympic stadium  :cool:

I did the 5 mile Olympic Anniversary run through the Olympic park last Sunday, finishing in the stadium. It was awesome, easily the best race in which I've ever part. I thought I could run and looked quite athletic until I saw the race hotspot and video, though :(

Heading back there today for the Paralympic anniversary games. Jonnie Peacock could hop over here and give me one any day.

mongers

Not doing a great deal at the moment, did a bit over 400 miles last month on the various bikes, nothing of interest.

Need some new inspiration.  :hmm:

PDH

Fly to Laramie and we can bike over the Snowy Range.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 02, 2013, 07:59:39 PM
Fly to Laramie and we can bike over the Snowy Range.

I have no life insurance policies, so there's no point plotting to kill me. :D

mongers

Bloke in lycra on a road bike closely passed me and said "Beep". 

I had greatly slowed down to give a family with toddler on bike a wide berth and was just starting to get back to normal pace as he and his similarly clad female friend over took me.

They didn't exactly disappear into the distance as I got back up to pace, indeed I seemed to be gaining on them. I think they clocked this and upped their pace, starting to alternate drafting each other.

Looks like I found myself in a race, anyway this went on for another 2.5 to 3 miles, them never really being able to pull away, before it all got rather ragged on their part and I had to overtake them.

Said "Hi, did you say beep earlier" as I in jeans and t-shirt on the my flat-bar hybrid put some distance between us.  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2013, 08:14:12 AM
Looks like I'll be testing for my next belt in karate next month. :cool:

Yellow?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 06, 2013, 03:02:44 PM
Bloke in lycra on a road bike closely passed me and said "Beep". 

I had greatly slowed down to give a family with toddler on bike a wide berth and was just starting to get back to normal pace as he and his similarly clad female friend over took me.

They didn't exactly disappear into the distance as I got back up to pace, indeed I seemed to be gaining on them. I think they clocked this and upped their pace, starting to alternate drafting each other.

Looks like I found myself in a race, anyway this went on for another 2.5 to 3 miles, them never really being able to pull away, before it all got rather ragged on their part and I had to overtake them.

Said "Hi, did you say beep earlier" as I in jeans and t-shirt on the my flat-bar hybrid put some distance between us.  :)

Good show. :D Even if do I clad myself up in the whole cycling outfit I always try to behave proper in traffic. Slowing and keeping distance to children and old folks, not running over reds, etc.

I would, however, rather die from exhaustion than let a guy in jeans overtake me. :P