News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Be easier still with a motor scooter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

If God wanted me to get around by motor scooter, He would have given me one at birth. Or a bike for that matter.

I was born into this world naked, and I believe that is how God wants me to run, though the police disagree. I hope God understands my concession to the secular authorities regarding the wearing of pants.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

:D

You were born 2500 years too late.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 03, 2013, 08:11:21 PM
I ended up getting heavy tires, armadillos, for the roads around here.  Pumped up to 110lbs they roll really well and are armored enough to survive the sharp little rocks and the cracks in the asphalt.

Today was windy, but yesterday I did 30 miles averaging over 16mph, not bad for 47.

:cool:

Brother, we're fighting the good fight.  :)

Yeah, seems armoured tyres is the logical choice.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Back from my holiday, on to the gym to face reality.  :(

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on June 03, 2013, 11:29:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

If God wanted me to get around by motor scooter, He would have given me one at birth. Or a bike for that matter.

I was born into this world naked, and I believe that is how God wants me to run, though the police disagree. I hope God understands my concession to the secular authorities regarding the wearing of pants.

:D

Uncomfortable image, AF as 'The naked rambler/runner'.

mongers

Anyone doing much at the moment ? :unsure:

fhdz

I'm doing some lifting to prep for my potential stonemason's apprenticeship.
and the horse you rode in on

Iormlund

I'm back at the gym, doing more cardio as well. I'm also on a limited diet, since I want to lose what fat I gained the last 6 months (5kg tops). Hard not to eat between meals when spending most of the day at home though.

crazy canuck

I got my oldest son a roadbike to replace his mountain bike for communiting to school.  He loves it.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2013, 04:06:36 PM
I got my oldest son a roadbike to replace his mountain bike for communiting to school.  He loves it.

Yes, I found myself looking at road bikes yesterday.   :hmm:

PDH

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2013, 04:06:36 PM

Get good tires for it - armadillos or some such.  Just the extra assurance of heavy weight tires means that unswept or partially swept roads are no longer a hazard.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

My road bike has been a great buy.  I can ride at a higher tempo, about 2 mph more than on the old mtn bike, and go farther.  I am getting a second bottle cage for it - after vacation next month I am going to do some 50 mile round trips (in about 3 to 3.5 hours).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 13, 2013, 04:12:33 PM
My road bike has been a great buy.  I can ride at a higher tempo, about 2 mph more than on the old mtn bike, and go farther.  I am getting a second bottle cage for it - after vacation next month I am going to do some 50 mile round trips (in about 3 to 3.5 hours).

You're selling the concept well.