News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I did 45 miles today.  I refused to do "the hill" more than once (or else it would have been 50 miles and I would be dead).  Still, as my goal is to get ready for a 55 mile round trip by Summer's end, I think I will be ready.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2013, 03:16:07 PM
I did 45 miles today.  I refused to do "the hill" more than once (or else it would have been 50 miles and I would be dead).  Still, as my goal is to get ready for a 55 mile round trip by Summer's end, I think I will be ready.

:cool:

For myself, still not doing anything of note; need some new motivation/targets.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

For anyone interested, my goal by the end of summer is to ride from Laramie to Centennial and back - about 60 miles total (55 out of city), but no chance to chicken out part way through, there is no "there" between here and there.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: mongers on June 22, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

For myself, still not doing anything of note; need some new motivation/targets.  <_<

I like riding weekend mornings.  I get to pass all the people in their expensive jerseys when I am wearing my jean shorts.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 22, 2013, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 22, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

I like riding weekend mornings.  I get to pass all the people in their expensive jerseys when I am wearing my jean shorts.

http://www.itsnotarace.org/

katmai

Wait. People return to Laramie voluntarily ?!?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2013, 04:18:22 PM
Wait. People return to Laramie voluntarily ?!?

It took a few years after the devastation you caused, but yes...yes they do.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

PDH

Another 45 today.  A bit tired, as it was 2 days of 10 miles more per day than before, but I was ready to up my distance.  Average speed was 17mph, not too bad.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2013, 02:52:56 PM
I've lost weight.  I've gone from about 235 to 202 over the last 18 months.  Exercise is good, but portion control is even better.

well done.

I am holding steady at the low 250s.  I think I am going to have to boost my exercise size now.  I am not willing to give up certain things that would take me lower without exercise.

mongers

Did about 25 miles of mainly urban cycling this evening, man there are some asshats on the roads today.

Ended up spending too much time chatting, only backup lights on me, so had to race the setting sun home across the conurbation, got in just as it was setting to within a minute or two.

Overall not doing a great deal, possibly do about 400 miles this month, a bit low for me this time of year.

mongers

Not doing much in the heat at the moment.

Popped out earlier this evening for a spin on my folder up the valley. 

On the way home I got overtaken by a nice young women on a plush roadbike, who stopped for a chat. 
I think she probably saw a broad-shouldered guy steaming along on a little bike ( I think they makes you look wider than you are) and thought she'd check me out. 
Only to draw level and find out I'm actually a pasty faced, balding late forties guy.  :D

At least I got a compliment out of it.  :cool:

Iormlund

Noticing a significant improvement in cardio performance since I'm unemployed. Perhaps because I don't have a sleeping deficit now.

Lost 4 kg this last month with minimal effort. Another month like this and I'll be pretty much in my target weight: ~64 kg/141 pounds.

Savonarola

The gym I go to plays club music at full volume. :pinch:

They also have TVs on without the sound.  During the election cycle one of them was invariably set to MSNBC.  While Al Sharpton is pretty funny regularly, with the sound off he becomes a comic genius.  He's like a parody of a black preacher, with over exaggerated broad movements and an over expressive face; especially when he goes off on a rant.  He missed his calling, he should have been a silent movie clown.

Now they on HLN with Robin Meade, shown here:

That's her look of heartfelt sympathy, she also has a smiley look:

and a serious face that she wears when scores of people die in a tsunami:

Fortunately HLN rarely covers news more tragic than "Cool cat, kitten narrowly escapes being trapped in refrigerator."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

I was thinking of getting into shape, but am currently unsure what shape I wish to be.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Back from vacation - did 20 miles today.  My god, a week away from the bike and suddenly 20 miles is a lot...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM