News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: fahdiz on June 13, 2013, 04:02:59 PM
I'm doing some lifting to prep for my potential stonemason's apprenticeship.

Same here, but for my confirmed plumbing/pipefitter apprenticeship.

fhdz

Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2013, 09:48:17 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 13, 2013, 04:02:59 PM
I'm doing some lifting to prep for my potential stonemason's apprenticeship.

Same here, but for my confirmed plumbing/pipefitter apprenticeship.

:thumbsup: Awesome, Drakken!
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Just popped out on my large flat-bar hybrid/tourer thingy, to do one of my little circuits.
Did just under 14 miles in 50 minutes, somewhat slowed as I live south of the town and have to get a mile or two through it before I can get onto clear junction/traffic free roads. An average of about 16.5 mph, though it's pretty flat all the way, just up and down the river valley bottom.

I'm thinking I need to start clocking up some mileage on it and getting used to it as now configured, I've but some large mudguards and a substantial rack on the back carrying some useful panniers. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2013, 09:48:17 PMSame here, but for my confirmed plumbing/pipefitter apprenticeship.

Your dreams of laying staggering amounts of pipe are about to come true!

But seriously, grats! :cheers:

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2013, 03:55:38 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2013, 09:48:17 PMSame here, but for my confirmed plumbing/pipefitter apprenticeship.

[Tarantino] He's going to become a hard, pipe-hittin' nigga.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2013, 03:55:38 PM

I think he'll be disappointed when he finds most of it involve bending his piping into multiple ninety degree bends.  :D

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on June 14, 2013, 04:10:29 PM[Tarantino] He's going to become a hard, pipe-hittin' nigga.  :D

I don't think there's a lot of crack smoking amongst plumbers in Quebec, but I could be wrong...

Maladict

Signed up for a fairly tough 160km bike race in September.
Found out I don't have any available weekends left to train for it.
I am: terrible at planning things.

Brazen

I had a massive allergic reaction hours after a 5K race yesterday, part hayfever, part asthma, part exercise-induced anaphylaxis. More evidence exercise is bad for you.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on June 17, 2013, 04:58:23 AM
I had a massive allergic reaction hours after a 5K race yesterday, part hayfever, part asthma, part exercise-induced anaphylaxis. More evidence exercise is bad for you.

:(

Wrong sort of exercise?   :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2013, 03:35:48 AM
Signed up for a fairly tough 160km bike race in September.
Found out I don't have any available weekends left to train for it.
I am: terrible at planning things.

:cool:

Good luck with that, I couldn't attempt it.

What about doing some training now in the the evenings, whilst we still have these long days ?

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on June 17, 2013, 07:43:51 AM

:cool:

Good luck with that, I couldn't attempt it.

What about doing some training now in the the evenings, whilst we still have these long days ?

It's pretty cool, especially the 22% climb just a few km before the finish line.  :cool:
Long working hours and commute don't leave enough time for extended training in the evenings, I usually go to the gym instead. But it seems like an awful waste of the beautiful weather.

Brazen

Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2013, 08:35:40 AM
It's pretty cool, especially the 22% climb just a few km before the finish line.  :cool:
Long working hours and commute don't leave enough time for extended training in the evenings, I usually go to the gym instead. But it seems like an awful waste of the beautiful weather.
Could you cycle some/all of the way to work?

PDH

Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2013, 08:35:40 AM

How long is this 22% climb?  I died a bit just reading about it...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maladict

Quote from: Brazen on June 17, 2013, 08:38:29 AM
Could you cycle some/all of the way to work?

I cycle 20-30 mins on regular bike, so that doesn't count for much.
On the racing bike I could get to the office in 1-1,5 hrs which would be ok, but as there's no shower in the office I'd rather not  :ph34r: