News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2013, 08:41:18 AM

How long is this 22% climb?  I died a bit just reading about it...

Pretty short, it levels off after 500 meters or so. But after 150 kms it packs a nice punch.

Maladict

And if you think that's bad... try Scanuppia in Italy. 

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on June 13, 2013, 04:05:56 PM
I'm back at the gym, doing more cardio as well. I'm also on a limited diet, since I want to lose what fat I gained the last 6 months (5kg tops). Hard not to eat between meals when spending most of the day at home though.

Scale says I lost 2 kg this last week. :unsure:

katmai

Hitting the gym 5 days a week, trying to get down to little bit under what i was playing football so 210 or so. (was 225-230) playing LB at JC.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2013, 09:34:54 AM
And if you think that's bad... try Scanuppia in Italy. 

:lol:

That's insane.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 17, 2013, 08:41:18 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 17, 2013, 08:35:40 AM

It's pretty cool, especially the 22% climb just a few km before the finish line.  :cool:
Long working hours and commute don't leave enough time for extended training in the evenings, I usually go to the gym instead. But it seems like an awful waste of the beautiful weather.

How long is this 22% climb?  I died a bit just reading about it...

There's a little forest village about 8 miles from here and the road for some reason includes a climb of 25% for all of about 25 metres of height, so they regularly get bike sportives going through there, just so the said sad gits can say they climbed a 25%. :rolleyes:

PDH

for 25 meters there are "climbs" around here of twice that.  It is the climbs averaged over a mile or so that matter...One of the better ones here starts at 7800 feet and climbs to 10500 in about 10 miles.  Not all simple gradient, but about 5 miles of 7.5% grade to warm the cockles of your heart.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Last Thursday I picked up the pace to about 7:10 a mile for 15 minutes on a treadmill, and apparently pulled my groin. I've been told by a trainer to take a week off.

I've been getting close to my goal of a sub 50 minute 10k, but in the past month have been derailed by this groin injury and was knocked for a loop for about a week from overtraining. Also, I have done a number on two of my toes, that now look like a freakshow.

I'm increasingly convinced that hod exists and is dedicated to keeping me from reaching my goals.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on June 19, 2013, 09:07:34 AM
Last Thursday I picked up the pace to about 7:10 a mile for 15 minutes on a treadmill, and apparently pulled my groin. I've been told by a trainer to take a week off.

I've been getting close to my goal of a sub 50 minute 10k, but in the past month have been derailed by this groin injury and was knocked for a loop for about a week from overtraining. Also, I have done a number on two of my toes, that now look like a freakshow.

I'm increasingly convinced that hod exists and is dedicated to keeping me from reaching my goals.

Were you and Brazen extras in 'A Bridge Too Far' ?   :P

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on June 19, 2013, 09:19:14 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 19, 2013, 09:07:34 AM

Were you and Brazen extras in 'A Bridge Too Far' ?   :P

It looks that way. I'm not giving up yet though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

I've lost weight.  I've gone from about 235 to 202 over the last 18 months.  Exercise is good, but portion control is even better.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2013, 02:52:56 PM
I've lost weight.  I've gone from about 235 to 202 over the last 18 months.  Exercise is good, but portion control is even better.

Excellent, but where's the dreadnought angle in that. :unsure:

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on June 19, 2013, 04:57:20 PM

If he keeps losing weight, he'll eventually drop a dreadnought's worth.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Fatbodies have a hard time squeezing into various spots in the engine room.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2013, 05:32:19 PM
Fatbodies have a hard time squeezing into various spots in the engine room.

:thumbsup:

Well done anyway.  :)