Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on September 07, 2013, 11:43:39 AM
Got my black gi in karate today. :cool: LOL am I: ninja!

:cool:

Congratulations.

Me, not doing a great deal, had a cold yesterday and now getting over the effects, this afternoon the weakness is going and feelings of strength are returning to the limbs.

Might be up to something by the evening, but it's now pouring outside and temperatures down in the 50s.   

Annoying as I need to build myself something suitable for a bit of off-roading and I want to get on with it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Finally starting to hit my stride, as the season is almost over  <_<
Big race in the hills coming up next week and that'll be all for 2013.
This time I really must keep training throughout the winter.  :mad:

PDH

Mal. Since Mongers is wimping out, you need to come to Laramie next year.  You can lead me over the Snowy Range.  (don't worry, it only goes up to 10500 feet - 3220 meters)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maladict

Quote from: PDH on September 08, 2013, 02:12:05 PM
Mal. Since Mongers is wimping out, you need to come to Laramie next year.  You can lead me over the Snowy Range.  (don't worry, it only goes up to 10500 feet - 3220 meters)

It looks wonderful, and tempting as I've only been up to 2650 meters. And I do need a new challenge next year.

However, definitely not enough pennies to fly to Wyoming for a cycling trip. :(

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on September 08, 2013, 09:48:07 AM
:cool:

Congratulations.
Along with getting it I officially started learning roundhouse kicks yesterday.  Oof, harder than you would think.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Quote from: Maladict on September 08, 2013, 03:07:58 PM

It looks wonderful, and tempting as I've only been up to 2650 meters. And I do need a new challenge next year.

Well then.  Next year I will have to try it alone.

Seeing as how the climb proper starts about about 2400 meters...I might be AWOL for a few days after I try it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on September 08, 2013, 03:24:35 PM
Quote from: Maladict on September 08, 2013, 03:07:58 PM

Seeing as how the climb proper starts about about 2400 meters...I might be AWOL for a few days after I try it.

:(

Somewhat seriously I think it would take the best part of a couple of seasons to get used to using a road bike, putting in the necessary mileage and then being able to tackle a challenge like that.  :wimp:

So towards the end of 2016, with say 5,000-6,000 miles on a road bike under my belt.

Eddie Teach

Diet is a four letter word.  <_<

So hungry right now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

My doctor told me to stop running. I was so frustrated I went for a run.

Maladict

Quote from: Brazen on September 09, 2013, 04:50:50 AM

:(

Maladict

Quote from: PDH on September 08, 2013, 03:24:35 PM

What kind of grade are we talking about?

alfred russel

:( I dread the day I get that word.

Time to start biking?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2013, 04:44:53 AM
Diet is a four letter word.  <_<

So hungry right now.

Agreed--exercise instead. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on September 09, 2013, 08:48:30 AM

:( I dread the day I get that word.

Time to start biking?

Good grief, steady on chap.  :bowler: