And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2013

Started by Maladict, December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Maladict on September 09, 2013, 08:35:24 AM
Quote from: PDH on September 08, 2013, 03:24:35 PM

Well then.  Next year I will have to try it alone.

Seeing as how the climb proper starts about about 2400 meters...I might be AWOL for a few days after I try it.

What kind of grade are we talking about?

It averages about 5-6%
http://cyclepass.com/t_pwy_Snowy_Range.html
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maladict

Quote from: PDH on September 09, 2013, 10:21:11 AM
It averages about 5-6%
http://cyclepass.com/t_pwy_Snowy_Range.html

5-6% over 10 miles, nice.
If you hit it hard you can really ruin yourself  :cool:
But if it's a return trip you'd better not, though.

crazy canuck

Well, I got down to 250 but after a summer of good living I went back up to 268.  After a couple of weeks of less good living and some light running I am back down to 259.  I would really lke to get back to 240 but I think that is going to be a lot more work than I first anticipated.  And my dream goal of getting back to 220 seems just that.

Darth Wagtaros

Started using Myfitnesspal last week. It is cool. Am down from Completely Disgusting to Slightly Less Disgusting, but Still Disgusting. 
PDH!

Eddie Teach

My numbers are similar to CC and I'm only 6'1".  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Today I cycled/pushed my bike 50km as the crow flies (no wait, more like 55 or so considering I repeated the first 5). Actually a lot more considering how bloody mountainous much of it was and the twistiness of the roads.  :showoff:
The ultimate plan was to ride my bike from my old house to my new, I predicted I would probally need to stop where I did and continue (the much easier part) another time.
On the negative side though- carbon monoxide  :yuk: Had to share the roads with lots of cars and lorries. The worst part was a 3km long tunnel which there was no other alternative than to travel through. It had only two rest points along the way and it was freaking scary, there wasn't a hard shoulder at all and lots of lorries were passing by. I was filthy from the place.

I weighed myself the other day and I seem to have lost weight, I'm now down to 81. I guess my half joking prediction about Tokyo=healthier me due to all the stairs was right.
The lack of beer and meat (pay day is far away and I've been too busy for much of the former, still no fridge yet for the latter...) must have helped.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2013, 08:07:25 PM
My numbers are similar to CC and I'm only 6'1".  :(
I'm worse if it makes you feel better. Put on a lot of weight the last year and a half.
PDH!

Brazen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 09, 2013, 02:05:27 PM
Started using Myfitnesspal last week. It is cool. Am down from Completely Disgusting to Slightly Less Disgusting, but Still Disgusting.
:thumbsup: MFP is my the best online fitness tool I've used.

The doctor told me to stop running. I told him to refer me to a physio so I can, instead, do exercises that will keep me moving longer. I've also had gait assessment and I'm getting fitted for new shoes after payday.

There are few problems in life that can't be solved with new shoes.

Liep

Just did my first 10+ km run in about 13 years. It felt really fucking awesome.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Darth Wagtaros

Soon after this post Liep was found with his aorta exploded from the stress. :(

he was mourned by many.
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on September 24, 2013, 08:43:03 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 09, 2013, 02:05:27 PM
:thumbsup: MFP is my the best online fitness tool I've used.

The doctor told me to stop running. I told him to refer me to a physio so I can, instead, do exercises that will keep me moving longer. I've also had gait assessment and I'm getting fitted for new shoes after payday.

There are few problems in life that can't be solved with new shoes.

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Down to 255.  Lungs have been acting up so less excercise.  But also less food.  This kind of weight loss I dont want.  Less energy, less strength etc.  God getting old sucks.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 25, 2013, 02:47:01 PM
Down to 255.  Lungs have been acting up so less excercise.  But also less food.  This kind of weight loss I dont want.  Less energy, less strength etc.  God getting old sucks.

Tell me about it, but then again we just have to wise up and choose our 'battles' carefully.  :)

edit:
myself, not doing a great till, but luck to still be able to ride a bike in some nice weather. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on September 25, 2013, 02:49:16 PM
Tell me about it, but then again we just have to wise up and choose our 'battles' carefully.  :)

I hear ya brother

mongers

CdM using underhand tactics to disrupt my fitness regime.  <_<

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/24261861