News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on July 15, 2012, 05:44:00 PM
Wise play, Szmik.  Both Garbon and I are way too close to AV to tolerate that many Catholic spaces in England.
1. HRE play made me think he has some VPs in catholic cause... interesting how it'll turn out
2. You need protestant Scotland for auto win, which makes it a bit complicated  :glare:
3. Katmai is all alone, and my cards don't help it either. Tough times.  -_-
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

No access to CB but playing home card for wedding festivities/card draw.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote#49: 4 / Conquest of the Philippines

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4/4: Patronize Mercator with 4 CP.

Also no CB access at the moment. Protestants up.

Habbaku

No way I can convince you to play that as event, Sol?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on July 16, 2012, 01:01:10 AM
No way I can convince you to play that as event, Sol?

You could, but there'd have to be a lot of convincing, since you aren't exactly poor and treasure-starved at the moment.

Habbaku

I'd be happy to throw in a card next turn on top of what I owe you, then a treasure on turn 4 in exchange.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Habbaku

:cheers:  See how awesome discussion is?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I'm sure I sold it way too cheap. :P

Feel free to update CB with the French move and Philippines.

Habbaku

I'm actually traveling a good portion of this week, but will have my laptop.  Will be a bit delayed on CB until I get back.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Playing for CP
Quote#14: 1 / Signal Fires

Message from Protestants:
Using the 1 CP to build merc in Nantes
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

Play coming up shortly. Kat, I could include your merc in my file if you want.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

katmai

Quote from: Delirium on July 16, 2012, 01:34:08 AM
Play coming up shortly. Kat, I could include your merc in my file if you want.

after last nights debacle yes please :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

Ottoman home card produces cp.

1/5 naval move to Adriatic
2-3/5 piracy - no hits
4-5/5 sponsor Tariq al-Din the scientist

File coming, Spain is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I'll be passing.

Szmik is presumably still passing the turn now that he's played his HC.

Back to Garbon.

-J. R. R. Tolkien