And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

QuoteHC for CPs :

1-2/5 - Build galley in Messina.
3/5 - Naval move. All boats to Ionian Sea.
4/5 - Naval move. All to Barbary Coast.

Sol, hopefully you realize the danger of the pirates continuing to hang around and won't take my attempting to gain supremacy against me.

Del's evasion failed, so off to him to play any CCs and resolve the battle.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I counted 18 Spanish dice vs 14 Ottoman. The result was 5 hits to 1 in Spain's favour so I lose 2 galleys and a corsair and Spain nothing. Dragut retreat to North African Coast. Will Spain pursue?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

If Dragut is pursued and makes his evasion roll, he will move to Ionian Sea.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Dragut fails to evade, which results in another battle.  This time, 5 Spanish vs. 2 Ottoman hits were scored--2 Ottoman galleys and 1 corsair sunk vice 1 Venetian galley.

Ottomans need to retreat someplace.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

And before I forget, I will extend my impulse with a 3 CP treasure :

1-2/3 - Build a fortress in Canary Islands.
3/3 - Raise a mercenary in Cartagena.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on July 15, 2012, 01:19:25 PM
Sol, hopefully you realize the danger of the pirates continuing to hang around and won't take my attempting to gain supremacy against me.

Not at all, but hopefully you also won't hold me not opening my borders to Turkish hordes without support against me. ;)

Habbaku

Why would you open your borders to Turkish hordes even with support against you?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on July 15, 2012, 01:55:15 PM
Why would you open your borders to Turkish hordes even with support against you?

I dunno, there were some suggestions about something like that.

Habbaku

I have no idea what you're saying.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Solmyr

Anyway, Szmik is up to play his HC.

Habbaku

the Ottomans can't attack you this turn if that's what you're fretting over.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Dragut retreats with his three remaining corsairs to the Ionian Sea, file sent. Szmik up. Piracy, pretty please?

szmik

What's in it for me?  :yeahright: 

Gambling is bad for health, especially at poor odds  :bowler:

Anyway, crown supported Protestant cause in England.

Off to garbon

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Wise play, Szmik.  Both Garbon and I are way too close to AV to tolerate that many Catholic spaces in England.

-J. R. R. Tolkien