News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

France doesn't need piracy VPs to win.  England does and the Protestants would benefit, of course.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

The game will be significantly harder for France if they cannot get a few extra permanent vp from their four available sea captains. There is also the question of treasures which help those countries get cp for other things, including patronage. I cannot see why En/Fr/Pr should not at least try and divert cp to piracy in any game unless paid well not to.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

szmik

Quote from: szmik on July 13, 2012, 03:08:37 PM
England passes for the turn.

I can't pass, still have HC  :blush:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Delirium

Right, Katmai of Orange is still up.

Solmyr's 4 mercs have not been included in a file I believe, just to remind us of that.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: szmik on July 14, 2012, 12:23:30 AMI can't pass, still have HC  :blush:

Good, now you know what to do with the cp. ;)

katmai

Well gonna play

Quote2 / Papal Bull [MANDATORY]
Immediately resolve the diplomatic status of the Papacy. Power now controlling Papacy may either: (1) Excommunicate Elizabeth, adding the "Elizabeth Excommunicated" marker to the Diplomatic Status Display OR (2) Take 7 Catholic Conversion attempts affecting spaces in France or the Netherlands OR (3) Patronize an artist or scientist of your choice from Italy as if 3 CP were spent OR (4) Retrieve Holy League from the discard pile and play it immediately as an event.

which if I understand means Garbon is the one to decide what he does with it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Actually no, Papacy needs to be resolved again. I'll do that in a sec.

katmai

Well you guys figure it out, I'm off to bed as it is 3am here :P

Solmyr

The new Pope is Spanish.

Solmyr

Quote from: Delirium on July 14, 2012, 04:18:34 AM
Solmyr's 4 mercs have not been included in a file I believe, just to remind us of that.

They are there in my file (I have 7 mercs in Pressburg), do they not show for you?

Delirium

No matter what Habbaku decides to do with the Pope, Katmai has 2 cp to spend afterwards.

Solmyr, I have received no file from you, the last one is #22 and from garbon.

Solmyr

Ok, sending #23 with HRE move and Papal switch to Spain.

Katmai to spend 2 cp.

katmai

As noob to ACTS, what is difference between playing event or active event?

Solmyr

Active event is something that stays in play and does not go into discards. Like the foreign wars.

Habs still needs to remove War in Poland, btw.

Katmai, also note that your 2 cp come after Habs does something with the Pope. This may be important if he decides to use it for conversion.

katmai

Yeah i'm gonna have to wait and see what he does, and now I reallly am going to bed :P