News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Why be coy about what it is?  Not saying what was grabbed helps only the Ottomans.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I've always felt a little weird about that. But anyway, Sultan's Harem.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

Again, I do not have the cb file in front of me, but in my mind I count 14 Spanish dice against my 13, is that correct?

In any case Dragut will evade to Eastern Mediterranean. Will the Spanish follow him there?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Off to bed now. If Spain pursues and Dragut makes the evasion roll he will evade to that western sea.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Dragut escapes again.

Off to Szmik.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Patronize Dee for 3 CPs

Off to Garbon
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#29: 2 / Muscovy Company

Off to Sol.

Solmyr

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event

#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4 mercs in Pressburg.

Over to Katmai.

garbon

Oh also, I'm going to be down in Jersey again this weekend - so I'll have internet access but won't have CB.

garbon

And to make sure I have a copy - latest screenshot of the board.

szmik

England passes for the turn.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Delirium

General advice: England in particular, but France as well and maybe even the Protestant, need victory points from new world piracy. This is fact. So far, not a single piracy attempt on the world map. I think that is unique.

garbon

Oh I'm sorry. I think I might have lost 5cp somewhere.