Main Menu

More Virgin Queens

Started by Delirium, June 17, 2012, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote#62: 3 / Northwest Passage

Message from France:
1-2/3 Suppress Heresy in France
Chartres, Nantes and Amboise convert. Amboise falls into unrest.

3/3 - 1 merc in Paris
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Oh can someone decrease the Spanish VP by 1 in CB (from 17 to 16)? I made the adjustment in ACTS.

@Kat - looks like you forgot to change up VP on CB/ACTS according to how many protestant provinces you have.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

The Emperor consults Nostradamus. No file, over to Katmai.

Delirium

That is weird, ACTS has the wrong event text on Nostradamus. The way it is supposed to read is you get to look at four cards (8 if France), keep one of them and shuffle the rest of them back into the deck... Never heard of ACTS having the wrong version of cards before? Anyway, should not be too difficult to fix your impulse.

Card manifest: http://www.rozzwell.com/vqmanifest/
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Anyway Katmai, looks like the floor is open for a little rebelling in the Netherlands?

Problem is I need to go to bed so will miss Kat's impulse again and I cannot jump the gun this time... Oh well, good luck. :)
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

As has been posted on CSW and BGG and other places, the ACTS version is tailored specifically for PBEM play.  The "real" version of Nostradamus is very annoying to implement on ACTS.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2012, 12:53:02 PM

@Kat - looks like you forgot to change up VP on CB/ACTS according to how many protestant provinces you have.

In all the confusion over Orleans i did, thanks for fixing it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

Will miss the chance to do a play now, will be back in 10-12 hours.

katmai

Sorry took so long Del.

If missed something, that is what i get for doing my turn at 3:30am

Quote#69: 3 / Tenth Penny

Message from Protestants:
Rebellion in Antwerp

the one and only hit removes the Wallon infantry and Antwerp is freed from Dastardly Spanish control!

Per control space rules, Ghent & Flushing also both fall under Protestant political control.

Flushing becomes Dutch Capitol and 2 Dutch regulars in Antwerp.

garbon

Why did you pick Flushing as your capital? Because of inland waterway rules, Antwerp is safer place now that you also have Flushing. Additionally as a key, Antwerp can't be flopped to Spanish control by events like Council of Troubles.

katmai

Because I wasn't paying attention to what qualifies as fortified space at 3am :lol:

garbon

Yeah I thought it was something like that. :hug:

That or you just love putting capitals in non-key fortified spaces. :P

garbon

Also you took a Spanish key but didn't drop their VP...:D

katmai

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2012, 08:26:08 AM
Also you took a Spanish key but didn't drop their VP...:D

That i did on purpose as wasn't sure if it was commensurate drop of the -3 VP or not

garbon

When you put the square control marker back on their powercard, you can see the VP drop. For Spain, I believe it is just 1 vp per key.

Oh and reminder that you can have a leader appear during rebellion if you'd like.